Follow me.......





Thursday, February 11, 2010

When the going gets tough.......

what do you do to get through it?


There's something to be said for being housebound.
You can hang out in your jammies and your robe and your slippers with your hair askew and no make up.
You can wander around your house aimlessly with no schedule or plan.
You can watch non stop TV and surf the internet to your heart's content.
And, you can think without distractions, ponder your problems, reflect on your life and really get to know yourself.....
Yeah, I've had quite enough of that....

That's why I took to cooking....
Oh yeah, I've been cooking my way through the storms and the downed trees and the wind and the cold and the snow....
Every blessed thing in my freezer has now been cooked, braised, breaded, boiled, fried or simmered.
I've got nothing left to cook....
Unless, of course, I start mixing the condiments, the fruits, the veggies, the jellies and jams and dressings in my fridge.....

So, I suppose when the going gets tough......I turn to food.
Once again, I have to give thanks for my Lapband....
It helps me to turn to cooking food instead of eating it.
But, still.....food is my toughing it out thing...

What do you do when the going gets tough?
I need a few more ideas.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I mostly eat, but I like to clean, you know...scrub the bathrooms, bag the shower heads in vinegar, declutter the cabinets. Clean linens on the beds and vccumm the curtains kinda cleaning. Can we say compulsive and way boring????lolol
L

Daffodil Hill said...

Hi Judi! Sounds like you are having quite a time of it. It's probably no surprise that I would curl up in bed with a Dr. Pepper and a great book. I don't have a lot of options since I live alone in a small apartment without tv or internet. I guess it's a good thing that I enjoy reading. :)

Jody V said...

Thanks to you I cook now too! I remember you saying how it relaxes you. I tried it and find it does that for me too. Otherwise I watch too many movies and the food network all day!

Jody