Follow me.......





Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I've lost my QUEEN status.......

but I'll be damned if I will give back my tiara......


Panty hose......not a big girl's best friend.
I've done-in quite a few acrylic nails over the years putting them on.
And, I've gauged many a brand new pair straight from their packages.
I even recall a few times when I drew blood.

Not to mention the times I contorted myself into some pretty amazing, not-for-prime-time positions right there on my bed....
And, let's not forget those times I even fell over.


Let's face it--panty hose and me just didn't work out too well.

Yes, putting on panty hose during my stomach-in-the-way-of-everything days was 50 percent olympic feat and 50 percent death defyingly dangerous.....
A double jointed gymnast, I am not.
No wonder I never had an above-the-knee skirt over a Size 14.....
And, no wonder I shied away from panty hose shopping.

Until this past weekend.

A few weeks ago, I got a great deal on a sassy little black knit skirt with leather trim.
It was exactly what I needed.
With lots of blazers and sweaters and blouses to mix and match, I considered it a perfect investment.
Yeah, it was little pricier than I would have liked. Even on sale.
I'll let you in on a secret-- it was haute couture.
But, it was made just for me......or so the sales woman said.
Even more convincingly---I will admit-- it wasn't just an average black skirt.
There was nothing ordinary or dowdy about it.
It had a little bit of an edge--with the leather trim and the body-hugging fit.
And, it had some nice, classic styling without being so businessy-looking.
It was a Judi skirt if I ever met one. Classic with an edge. THAT is me. Or so I'd like to be....
And, ooooh, I could see s0 many options.
SOOOO many options.
I was imagining it with a little jean jacket, some funky accessories, bright-hued leotards and a pair of sweet little booties.
Or paired with a black and white tweed belted jacket with my flashy-yet-understated Sabika jewels, black opaque stockings and sleek pointy-toed black patent pumps.....
Or relaxed down with a drapey brown cashmere sweater, my new Savorski crystal topaz earrings, leopard print tights and black suede flats.
Yes, I could see many, many looks.....
Each one of them requiring.....gulp......some version of panty hose.

So, I kept putting off wearing it.
I would admire it as it hung front and center in my closet.
I would conjur up ways to wear it in my head.... dreaming of places I would go, things I would do, people I would see....wearing my little black skirt.
But, there, in my messy closet, it stayed---
All because of........the panty hose fear factor

Finally, on Sunday, with no good fashion prospects for Monday, I knew what had to be done.
It was time to wear my little black skirt.
It was time to face the panty hose rack at CVS. (I do not buy pricey panty hose......)


I might not be a QUEEN anymore but I'm on the A-list.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is why I wear pants....

Jill from NY

Jody V said...

Good for you Judi!! I still do the funky wiggle getting into mine!! I guess it's "Onward" for me!!

Jody

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

I still buy them two sizes too big because I hate when they are tight. (I find it soooo attractive when they bunch up at the ankle!)

Shaggs said...

I LOVE when my pantyhose do a quick "flip" and roll down over my stomach during some really inconvenient moment and then you spend the rest of the day trying to surrupticiously hoick them back up and they just keep rollin rollin rollin.