Follow me.......





Friday, February 19, 2010

They're all FAT TALKING!


When it comes to talking FAT.....everyone is weighing in......

I know there's bigger things going on in the world to talk about.
Definitely there's much larger issues to discuss.
Certainly, there's juicier pieces of gossip.
And, no doubt the news is filled with heavier topics.
But, let an obese Hollywood director be kicked off a plane because of his weight and all of a sudden, everyone's got something to say about it.
Different treatment for fat folks in now news.

My friends, this is not new news.
Ask any obese person and they will tell you--fat people are treated differently.
Ask any formerly obese person--such as myself....and I will tell you.....fat people are treated differently.

Just think about it.
It happens everywhere. Everyday. Everywhere.

Even in the friendly skies.

Listen, I don't have to don a fat suit and go out and cavort among the regular weight folks to prove a point. I've lived it. Sure, I didn't tip the scales at 700 pounds or get kicked off of planes or denied service or insurance or basic necessities. But, minus 115 pounds later, I can tell you--fat people are treated differently. And, minus 115 pounds later, I can tell you--fat people act differently. And feel differently. Because they are treated differently. But, mostly because the world of an obese person is different.


SIZE MATTERS.
It's just what I am thinking about today.
What are you thinking about?









4 comments:

Jody V said...

LOL Judi -

I'm sitting at my desk wondering if I'm too fat to be wearing a tight sweater and jeans. Feeling good but I bit self conscious!

Have a great Friday!
Jody

Anonymous said...

I want to say so much that all I'm gonna say is...once again my dear friend, you've hit the nail on the head. xoxoxo

L

Kathy said...

You are so right!!

Jen from Oregon said...

Oh Man! This has been on my mind a lot. I am still a "big girl" I am 5' 11.5" tall and will never be small. Since my loss of nearing 70lbs now I am being treated differently. It kinda pisses me off. The fellows where I get my coffee strike up conversations and they didn't before. Doors are opened even sales people are more chatty and helpful no matter where I am shopping or what I am shopping for.
Might be me... I'm a bit more confident but I really think it is because I'm more the norm than I was a few months ago.

Great post... as always!