Follow me.......





Thursday, February 25, 2010

The road is my home........

I finally figured it all out---I am a traveler....

I'm a road sister
I'm a sister on the road
and
I'm a gal who doesn't like to be journey-less.....
I am a journey-er.


Judiland sits on the road to somewhere and that's where all my stories lie......
Sure, I may hang out in my little suburban hamlet in my personal life or hunker down in my windowless basement office in my professional life....
But, it's in my real life that I travel.
Not to exotic locales.
Or, far-flung, sunny ports of call.
Although that sounds kinda fun....
(especially now....as another storm of historic proportions is traveling up through the Northeast!)

As much as I hate maps and I can't get from point A to point B without a few wrong turns and my new GPS is a mystery to me, I've come to the realization that I always need to be going somewhere.
And, when I get to that somewhere, I want to go somewhere else.
And, I live in hope that there's always somewhere else to go.


What the hell am I talking about?

Before I start.....please put away your rotten tomatoes and voo-doo pins.
Please.
Because what I am going to say might just make you want to use them on me.
Here goes.....
I am mourning my weight loss journey.

Crazy.
I know.
This is what I wanted.
And, as it turned out.....it is what I wanted.
I'm grateful and thankful and thrilled beyond words.
But, I miss all the stops along the way.
You know....like the joy I felt the first time I realized I could cross my legs.
And that surreal, thrilling moment when I first walked into a non-plus size store.
Things like that.....
When I read blogs of my Lap band brethren who are in the throes of losing weight and enjoying the little victories along the way, it's then that I realize how much I miss those magical moments that come along with the weight loss journey.
And, it makes me wonder.....where do I go from here?
What road shall I take?
What is my next journey?
Perhaps those questions are my guiding signs.
Maybe it's not about maintenance.
Maybe it's not about the number on the scale or the size of my pants.
Maybe it's about all the maybes and maybe nots.....

The mysteries of the road........

2 comments:

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

How about literally taking your act on the road and become a motivational speaker!!
You certainly get people motivated.
You have a gift that can be spread to an even wider audience.

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Wider audience----I just realized the pun!
Sorry.