Follow me.......





Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow days + Empty Nesting + a Lapband......

my world ain't what it used to be.....

And, a new storm is on it's way.......

Yesterday I realized a few things.
Snow days are not an empty nester's friend.
Eating and snow days go together like peanut butter and jelly.
I'm lonely and bored and I can't overeat.
Clearly, a new challenge I just hadn't expected...

Being an empty nesting lapbander on a snow day calls for some serious reflection.
Now that I am in day 2 of snow daying, I really need to figure out how to do this.
All of my life, I considered snow days as bonuses.
And, I would never squander a bonus on doing laundry or cleaning closets.
No, no, no.
But, in my new world, that's what it's come down to.
Do I want to do laundry or clean my closet or scrub the baseboards with a toothbrush?

Yeah, I gotta think about that.....


In the meantime, I figured I'd do some self-examination, self-analysis and other get-to-know-me bullshit to pass the time. And, possibly figure out what to do with my time that #1--makes sense and #2--that I want to do!
The internet is full of little surveys and tests to help you decide anything from whether you should wear lipstick or lipgloss, become an accountant or an astronaut, decorate in a romantic, eclectic or bohemian style or leave your husband/lover. However, there's nothing to tell me what to do on a snowday when you're 51, your kids are gone, your spouse is miles and miles away, you hate laundry, you can't overeat and you really don't want to do all the things that you know you should do on a snowday.....
But, I did find this questionairre that I figured I'd share with my blog friends.....at least you can get to know me a little better.....while I try to do the same. It's all fluff. But, I'm quickly learning (from all the surveys I've taken) that life is made up of a lot of fluff....

.

What time did you get up this morning?
5:25 am

Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds. Huge ones only. In case you are thinking of getting me one.


What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
It's Complicated

What do you usually have for breakfast?
Chai latte


What food do you dislike?
Liver


What kind of car do you drive?
Ford Escape


Favorite sandwich?
Eggplant parmesean (on Mancini's Italian Bread)
oh, how I miss that sandwich....


What characteristics do you despise?
I just cannot tolerate or understand intentional meaness



Favorite item of clothing?
I love unique/funky/fun jackets and blazers and sweaters



Favorite brand of clothing?
Right now, I'm loving Chico's

Where would you retire to?
Any city that has both a Chico's and a Williams Sonoma within walking distance of each other
(so I can work 1/2 time at each place)


What was your most recent memorable birthday?
This past one....

Favorite sport to watch?
Figure Skating

What is your favorite candy?
Red twizzlers!!

What is your favorite flower?
Black-eyed susans

What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
February 14--when I will see my little girl TONI!

What are you listening to right now?
the drone of the dishwasher

What was the last thing you ate?
Peach yogurt

How is the weather right now?
Cold, getting ready to.....SNOW!


Last person you spoke to on the phone?
Vince!


Favorite restaurant?
So many!
At the moment....I'm loving....
Amel's
Il Pizzialo
Gandy Dancer Saloon at the Grand Concourse


What was your favorite toy as a child?
my Barbies

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Eh....either or neither

Coffee or Tea?
Tea only!

The last time you cried?
Yesterday....when my phone broke!


What is under your bed?
Dust bunnies


What did you do last night?
spent the night learning how to use my new phone



What are you afraid of?
loneliness


Salty or Sweet?
salty

How many keys on your key ring?
about 20....even though I don't know what 15 of them are for, I'm afraid to get rid of any of them in case I need one...



Back to snow daying......

2 comments:

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Ok, first off, why did you get up at 5:25 AM on a snow day??????
Take some tylenol PM and SLEEP girl!!
You deserve it. Sleep, get up. Read the paper. Take a nap. Eat lunch. Take a nap. Watch trash tv. Take another nap........you getting the picture?
It's not a mortal sin to sit and do nothing once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Judi!!! This is when you do your creative decorating!!! Go for it!! You never even posted pics of your dining room re-do---and THAT was AGES ago!!! LOL

Hugs,
Punky