Follow me.......





Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's a HOG HOLIDAY!

Yep, there he is folks.....our neighbor to the East.....Punxatawney Phil!

Good old Phil saw his shadow---predicting 6 more weeks of winter.
Yet, despite the dire news, the party is going strong up there in Phil's homeland--Punxatawney.
Just goes to show you, in the dead of winter in a little Pennsylvania town---they have to do something to keep everyone's spirits up....

We can learn a lot from Phil and his neighbors.
Sometimes we just have to celebrate things that would otherwise not be celebration-worthy.
Throw parties and give hi-fives and dance in the street.
Because of a groundhog.

So, let's give this a whirl......

YES, I'M TALKING TO YOU......AND YOU......AND YOU......AND EVEN YOU

-It's time to CREATE YOUR OWN HOLIDAY right here on Stories from the Road
-Come on...everyone....even you daily readers/non commentors (feel free to comment anonomusly!)......
From Ground Hog Day until Friday (my dad's 89th birthday)....I want you to
Create your own holiday!
Let your fantasies and your imaginations run wild!
In the comments section....tell us....
*what is the name of your holiday?
*what is the date of your holiday?
*give us a little history on your holiday!
*why is your holiday important?
*what are some special traditions that go with your holiday?
* tell us all about it
and tell us how to celebrate it!!!!
so, we can celebrate it together!!!

I'll make it worth your while.....I promise!

So, put those holiday-making thinking caps on and create your own holiday......

YES, I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!!

Happy Groundhog Day everyone!

1 comment:

Jody V said...

I do need a holiday Judi...Lord knows I need one. I'm thinking about this now. This is a good thing...a really good thing!

Jody