Follow me.......





Wednesday, February 10, 2010

As the storm rages on........

I'm now snowbound and treebound......

I've never seen anything like it, in all my 51 years.
One look outside my window and I keep thinking...."we're not in Pittsburgh anymore"......

The piles of snow in my yard are as tall as me, our street is almost impassable and the trees are hanging so low on the power lines that I'm waiting for them to snap at any moment.

It's always been so lovely to live on a quaint, tree-lined street with houses flanked by mature, towering trees....


Until RIGHT NOW.....

As I was trying to take the advice of Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls by sleeping past my 4:45 am alarm clock....
I heard it.....sending me flying to my window......
There....laying amid the white snow piles.....a huge pine tree snapped in half....sending it down across my driveway, through my side yard, draping my walkway.....literally trapping me in my house completely.
The only way out is to climb over the tree.....
Hmmmm......
And, now for the fun part.....
We happen to live in the first house on our lane. Next to us is a very large home that sits on the main road and spans half the block....with their driveway and multi-vehicle garage directly next to our driveway. It's their tree that is trapping me.....! The home is corporately owned and is maintained by caretakers and various landscaping and maintenance companies.
I need to get to that house to let someone know what has happened.
No, I don't know their phone number......
As soon as the sun comes up, I'm going to have to start my journey.....
Wish me luck.
Send the dogs if I don't return to blog tomorrow......
Look for me among the tree branches!

7 comments:

Gen said...

Good luck Judi! The storm sounds even more crazy than the stuff we get out here in CO! If you conquer the tree, make sure to stock up on essentials - you know, wine, chocolate...

Mountain Laurel said...

Sounds really crazy up there! I hope you have plenty of supplies, and that you don't get trapped in the snow OR the tree! :) Could you call the city maintainance people? I would think they would be able to help... Good luck!

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Do you need me to send the National Guard. THey are camped out at the Armory up the street.
(I'm not kidding, they are!)
Can you belive they STILL haven't salted or plowed ANY of Shadyside.
Ellsworth, Shady, Highland, none of them. It's going to be days before they get to my street.
I laughed out loud when the Mayor said he was guaranteeing all streets done before next snow.
I'll look for you on the news. "National Guard rescues a Mount Lebo woman who was tangled in a tree for days."

Jody V said...

To add to Eileen's comment....
"But didn't she look fuckinfabulous when they did rescue her"!! Good luck!!

Jody

Gerry said...

...speaking of the Nat'l Guard, my ex was called out and wanted my son to take his THREE dogs to the kennel. Keep in mind he was called out because of state emergency (snow). I guess he thought our son had a magical car that can get to his home through this ice and snow. Yes, I had to walk and help my son get dug out of the snow because he was stuck. Whadda Dad!

Maybe Super Dad will help you get rid of that tree in your yard...plz don't tip him.

Kathy said...

Oh Judi, I hope they get that tree moved soon. It's good you don't have to go to work during this snow storm. Relax and enjoy the day the best you can.

Anonymous said...

Maybe just maybe this is a blessing in disguise. You can rest, take naps and just nest in your lovely home. Tea???.....

L