Follow me.......





Friday, June 19, 2009

What a week.......

in Judiland!

All kinds of headaches made their way into my corner of the world. One of them in particular has managed to derail some of my plans for tonight--which makes me oh so sad. Remember that headache I've been bitching about? Yeah, that one. Well, it reached epic proportions! And now it's made history---it's the first time in my entire life that I have had to cancel a night out on the town with my spirited friends. Yes, it's a fucking historical moment here in Judiland......

The good news is that I don't have The Swine Flu. The bad news is that what I do have is what the nurse practitioner termed as "a nasty, nasty, nasty strain of a virus that has been hitting everyone hard!". The terrible news is that the only thing I can do to combat it is take Tylenol and rest. And, even worse than that is that she said it's been sticking around for 7-10 days with most people. Yeah, I'm not happy.....

In addition to all of that---we were hit with a nasty storm. Even a few tornadoes were sited. Causing all kinds of headaches! And, it happened right in the middle of my sickness! There I was---laying on the couch in the same position I've assumed all week after work---curled up under a blanket, sedated by Tylenol, wearing the same exact outfit I wore to work--shoes and all. And, I never moved. Even when I heard a swift wind outside and even when all hell broke loose! I stayed under my blanket wishing that my house would pick up from it's foundation--ala Wizard of Oz (my all time hated movie!). I wanted to be transported somewhere---anywhere but there. At that point, I would have gladly hung out with the Tin Man and the Lion dude if I could have only been rid of that headache....

A wicked storm came through my little suburban hamlet--with winds so fierce they came through an open window in the kitchen and took down 3 pictures off their wall hangers--smashing them right to the ground! Yeah, I didn't bother to get up. Lightning bounced around the house---I could see it dancing right outside the windows. I just stayed put. The lights were flickering off and on and the noise from outside was deafening. I didn't care. The dining room doors to the deck blew open wide and all the papers that were sitting on the table blew around the room--some of them blowing right out the door. Oh well, I guess they're gone.

I suppose it wasn't all bad......

Thankfully, I wasn't washed away by flood waters or stranded in my car in the middle of Oakland with my car stalled out and water pouring through the doors!
Below are scenes from the road that I travel home from the office---I passed through this area shortly before these pictures were taken.
God knows what would have happened if I would have found myself in this situation---unable to get to my couch. With my headache and all. Trust me.....it would have made the news. The national news.



When the best part of the week is that you weren't stuck in a flood.......WTF?


Bring on the weekend.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap, I hope that storm is not headed our way!! I am east of you so it might be!! I am so sick of this damp, yucky, rainy weather I could scream!! It hasnt been dry in over 3 weeks.

And I am so sorry to hear about your sickness....I had something similar to that the week of New Years Eve....yes, life stopped because all three of us were sick!!
We watched every "Bones" episode there was as it had just become my husband's favorite new show....Thank God there was marathon one day...it kept us entertained for a while. I played "Bejeweled" on the laptop and we all napped quite a bit. then it hit me again 3 weeks later...I was sick for almost a whole month...it was horrible.
So all you can do is rest, I couldnt even go to work, I lost 4 days of time off!!

Since it is now the weekend, I hope you start to feel better!

Jill from soggy NY

Jody V said...

I hope you have a great weekend Judi!! I too hope that the storm is not headed our way. We are close to flooding now.

Hugs to you for a speedy recovery from your virus!!

Jody

Debbie said...

It's a sad,sad day when you have to cancel fun. Also a testiment to how crappy you feel. Hope you recover quickly old pal.

Kathy said...

I hope you feel better soon Judi. Maybe you can salvage some of the weekend if you start feeling better in time. I hope the weather gets better too. Hasn't this been the craziest year for weird weather?

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Judi, Judi get better. Take Tylenol PM and just sleep right through it.

My friend works at CMU in the nursery. They got flooded out. Luckily the kids were gone for the day. They had to cancel school yesterday and goofy parents gave them a hard time. Um yeah, bring your kid in lady, I'll just lay him in a mud soaked crib.
Another friend lives in Edgewood and had water up to her garage roof.
It was weird here, right up on Forbes it was really bad, but my trees didn't budge, thank God.But over on the next street there were 5 trees down.
I just have a little water in my basement.

Get better girl.....there's fun to be had! (grammar????)

Anonymous said...

Wait...you HATE the Wizard of Oz? Hope you feel better soon. There is nothing worse than a relentless headache! Of course, being stuck in your car, which is stuck in a flooded street, with a headache is probably worse!