Follow me.......





Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's all a state of mind.....

right?







Within hours of developing the symptoms that I told you about yesterday, Vince called to report that he was feeling rather nasty---headache, achy, chills and fever. Just like me. Mine seem to be squelched with regular doses of Tylenol, I told him--advising him to get himself a nice big bottle. Since he had been home over the weekend--I figured we both caught the same bug.

Then, a little while later-- I received an email from our campus health office with an update on Influenza A (H1N1)....better known as The Swine Flu. It appears that there have been 2 reported influenza cases on our campus--the exact type will not be known until the blood work comes back from the lab. Although there did not seem to be any need for alarm--we were advised to seek medical attention if we had any of the symptoms listed.
All of a sudden, I found myself getting sicker.

Knowing that Vince studies and works on a much larger campus a few hours away, I decided to do a little research about any reported cases there. It seems as though there have been a few reported influenza cases--nothing has been confirmed as the dreaded type--again, still waiting on results. Once again, the information I read said that anyone having the symptoms listed should seek medical attention.
I felt even more sick.

Then, a little while later--my sister called to see how I was feeling. During the course of that conversation--she told me about a customer of hers whose husband was feeling poorly and went to a local express medical facility. Upon hearing his symptoms, he was sent immediately to the local hospital for testing. She told me of his symptoms.
And the sicker I got.

Yesterday I joked about The Swine Flu. Today it ain't no joke.....
But, I feel so silly. I mean, I'm not sick-sick-sick. I have these bouts of flu symptoms, a lack of energy, a sorta sore throat, some nausea.....nothing so awful that I can't function--well, as long as I take 3 Tylenol every 4 hours. And, that's exactly the way Vince feels. It's like this sorta-sick- but-not-really-sick-but-you-feel-like-shit flu. Yeah, that's what I have....
I don't have The Swine Flu....

Or.....do I?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Swine flu symptoms are milder than most flu symptoms. (Exactly like you are describing) Sounds like the pigs got to you !!! You can get blood work to know for sure, probably at the campus health office. Just what you need right now. I guess the swine didn't know you have no time to be sick.

Kathy said...

Hope you feel better soon Judi. I also hope you don't have the Swine Flu. You don't want to become a statistic do you?