Follow me.......





Friday, June 12, 2009

There's a big difference for us moms.....

between the kindergarten picnic and the senior picnic.......

One was all about our children.
The other was all about us.

The conversations were all so different then.
The conversations are all so different now.

We've grown up.

Then.... we talked about play dates and enrichment programs.
Now....we're talking about ballroom dancing and Sunday night dinners.
Then....we discussed after school care.
Now....we are discussing empty nesting.
Then...we gave them wings.
Now....we set them free.

I'm not sure how I feel about it all. But, somewhere deep inside of me, beyond the tears and the fears, I'm getting a little bit excited.
Don't tell anyone but I think I might like figuring it all out.
Mum's the word.....



4 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like you are on the right track Judi dear. You are where I was a while back when my kids flew from the nest. It was both scary and exciting. You feel a sense of freedom and also a sense of angst over losing control. This too shall pass. The best is yet to come.

Anonymous said...

You and Carmen will be able to run naked around the house....enjoy!

Lucy

Debbie said...

Well the only thing I can say is, get used to quiet. Quiet like you have never heard before. Then when everyone is home, and it's loud, you'll miss the quiet, then when they leave you will miss the noise. It's crazy.I don't think I'll ever get used to quiet, but I'm trying.

Jody V said...

Like I said before to you....if you get empty nesting I can have Nick sent to you lickity split!!

Wonderful post though. Enjoy these special days.

Jody