Follow me.......





Sunday, June 7, 2009

Getting caught up......

on some sleep, some yard work, some paper work and lots of other things here in Judiland....

Plus---I gotta catch you up on a few things.....because you asked...

-How is my father?
Medically, things are exactly the same. Not much is really going to change. However, there are several things looming--he is depressed, he does not really want to be there, he wants us to be there with him quite a bit and we are questioning everything. Today, we hope to get him out a bit but he's being very resistant. When my father doesn't want to go to Mass--we know there's a problem. When my father doesn't want to go out to eat--we know it's bad.

-When am I going to post Toni's prom pictures?
As soon as she downloads them from her camera! (she wanted me to use only her camera for pictures!) Her life has been a whirlwind since prom night. As it should be, I suppose. We've only seen flashes of her as she comes and goes!

and, finally.......

-The million dollar question---why am I afraid about losing 100 pounds?
First of all--I'm afraid I'll jinx it by saying it out loud! And, secondly, I am still a fat girl no matter how much I weigh so I still think like a fat girl--I am worried I'll gain it all back!
But, most of all---I don't really know what to do now. Losing this 100 pounds is what I've been doing for the past 22 months. And, before that, I was dreaming of losing it. So, I'm having a really hard time committing to the fact that I really did do it (which explains why I didn't change my ticker right away!). Because what that means is this--now, instead of losing weight (which is exciting)--I have to keep it off (which sounds not so exciting!). And, that's not something I've had much success with over the years. So, now, instead of my goal being to lose weight--it's going to be not to gain weight. A very different thing. Very different. Yes, I have my beloved Lapband to help me. And, honestly, I have no grand plans to gorge on massive quantities of foods that I missed---mostly because I can't! And, I'd be lying if I told you that I am not downright thrilled with how things turned out. But--if you want to know the truth---in life--I am a traveler. I enjoy the journey so much that reaching the destination is almost a let down. In this case--a happy, grateful one (if that makes any sense!).
I don't want my journey to end just because the scale says it should.

Now that that's over with......it's time to get on with Sunday!
Have a great one!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Makes total sense to me. I hear you Judi. Just try and enjoy the fact that you are not a fat girl. You are a beautiful, warm, compassionate, friend, good listener, excellent writer and you just happen to be thin now. Have a great Sunday. I'll be praying for your dad today in church. Hugs,
Kathy

Jody V said...

So....what are you buying yourself to celebrate 100???