Follow me.......





Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thank God for my Sisters...........

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I have 2 sisters. The 3 of us.....Judi, Denise and Cathy. Our aunts refer to us as "the girls". In fact, sometimes our names mesh together as one ...JudiDeniseandCathy. We are the motherless daughters of our beloved mother. And, because of that one heartbreak....we are one. We are more than soul sisters. We are each others lifeline. Our lives are connected in more ways than blood. There is nothing in this world we would not do for each other. They are my sisters and I am theirs.

I am the oldest sister. Yes, I'll admit it. We have no qualms about our ages. Denise is 16 months younger than me. Cathy is a little over 4 years younger. Denise is our hairdresser. She makes sure we look good and our grays are covered. Cathy is our voice of reason. And I am me.

My mother named me after St. Jude...Patron Saint of the Hopeless (it makes sense if you knew my mother). She named Denise after some singer (again, it would make sense if you knew my mother). And, I named Cathy after my Chatty Cathy Doll (once again...makes sense....).

My journey would not be the same if it weren't for my sisters. We celebrate and mourn everything together. We stand by each other. We are lucky. The 3 of us. What God took away from us, we overcame. We have sass and heart and love. No matter what we lost or what we will lose...we always have each other. No matter what.

And, so, today....on the third day of July...I just want to say.....I love my sisters.
They are in my heart, in my soul and in my Lapband.

No comments: