Follow me.......





Sunday, August 9, 2009

A PIECE OF CAKE.........

So, was it really a piece of cake?
(talking about losing 100 pounds)
Yes.
And no.

(but, please feel free to have a piece.....in celebration of my 2nd Bandiversary)

Yeah, I know I'm so cool that I make losing 100 pounds easy.
Like it's a piece of cake.

The one thing that I can say for sure that cake has to do with my Lapband journey is this--I'm sure that there were many pieces of cake that contributed to me needing to get a Lapband.

As I sit here and look back over the past 2 years, I have to tell you--I am amazed--at both myself and the weight loss. Two years ago, if I would have known for sure that it would take me 2 years to lose this weight, I would have revolted---I would have run for the door, made a bee-line for the exit and called it quits. I'm very impatient like that. I know me. I wanted to get my Lapband and get thin--quick. Sure, I knew it wasn't going to happen overnight but I wanted it to. When I want something to be, I convince myself of it will be! Call it blind optimism or call it unreasonable but that's my m.o. At that point of my life (when I got my Lapband)--I was sick and tired of being fat. I wanted my fatness to be gone ASAP. And, I figured it would be.....because that's what I wanted.
Even though I read brochures that said it would take up to 2 years and I listened to testimonials that told me it would take up to 2 years and I went to workshops where they said over and over again that it would take up to 2 years and the doctor explained to me in plain English that it would take up to 2 years......I figured I could outsmart it. It wasn't going to take Judi 2 years! No way. No how. No. No. No. I'm special. I'm of a higher caliber than your typical Lapbander. I'm so much better than the rest. I'm a walking miracle.
2 years? For everyone else....but not for moi.

Well, friends....I'm here to tell you that it took me 2 years. The only thing I don't like about it is that I was wrong. I did not outsmart it. But now that I'm over the fact that I was wrong, I have to admit--I wouldn't have had it any other way. And, let's face it--2 years is not all that long. At least not when you're 50. Time goes pretty fast at this stage of the game. So, yeah, as I sit here on my Bandiversary Eve and reflect on my journey, I am happy to report that I'm glad that it took me 2 years.
I wouldn't have wanted to miss these 2 years.....
I know, I know....easy for me to say now that I'm sitting here 2 years later and having lost 100 pounds.

I think this all calls for a party.
GET OUT YOUR PARTY HATS.....

3 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Excellent!!!!! Even though it took 2 years.

That cake looks awesome. I may have to try making one of those. lol

I have been into making cakes lately, it seems.

I know this entry is about losing weight but I was distracted. ha.

Kathy said...

My party hat is on and I have a party horn all ready to blow and make celebratory noises. Congratulations Judi!!

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

i AM HAPPY FOR YOU.
That is a big accomplishment.