Follow me.......





Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good Morning Saturday!

As much as I am dreading the count-down until Toni goes off to college and I do not want to wish time away, I am happy to see another Saturday arrive!
I need a major break. Yes, I know, I am just coming off of a wonderful 2 week vacation. But....let me be honest here--coming back from a major 2 week vacation is problematic in itself. There's just no easy way to ease back into real life. Last night, Carmen and I hung out at one of our fav dinner and drinks spots...Houlihans. Before going off with friends, Toni joined us for dinner and shared her pre-college anxiety--which she does not see as pre-college anxiety but more like "I don't want to go reality". (Yeah, well....I just paid the BIG BILL yesterday so you are going...that's reality!)
As Carmen and I sat at the bar drinking our martinis....we realized that someday very, very soon it will just be the 2 of us. We looked around and came to the conclusion that we might be okay with it. We need the drama to stop and to get Toni happily ensconced in her new world....

We have lots to do today....my darling nephew Jared is arriving shortly, I'm busily making lists of what needs done for the Toni-goes-off-to-college plan--as in how many color-coordinated hangers does she really need--and then there's everything else that needs to happen...as in my bedroom is a disaster, my father wants company and there's laundry pouring out of the bedroom doors.
I suppose all of this is causing me major stress....my Lapband is telling me so. I haven't been able to eat much of anything. Stress is a very common cause of Lapband calesthenics. Which, in turn causes the stomach to contract and my Lapband to squeeze even tighter. Could this mean that I'll lose a few more pounds? OOOOH...that's my fat girl talking.....
It's time for a visit to Starbucks for a fat free chai latte with an energy shot and a protien shot. I clearly need to keep up my protein and my energy....
Once again....I am sending out a plea to your sympathic souls....do not let them do away with Starbucks energy shots.....email them (here's the link) and beg them not to do this!!!! I've been emailing them daily......

Good Morning Saturday!!!

2 comments:

Jody V said...

My Band is feeling the same stress Judi. I try and eat but PBing rules these days. Hang in there!!

Jody

Kathy said...

Judi, I got a response from Starbucks on the energy shots did you? here is mine:
Hello Kathy,



Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.



I apologize, the Energy Powder has been discontinued. Many factors go into the decision to remove something from our stores, but I understand how frustrating it is when a product you know and enjoy goes away.



I am sharing your desire to bring the energy boost back into our stores with the appropriate team. I want you to know that we listen to what our customers have to say and this can affect change to our product line up. I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your concerns.



Unfortunately, the energy powder is a proprietary item and we are unable to divulge any further information regarding where or how it's made.



I would also like to invite you to visit www.MyStarbucksIdea.com. This website is a forum where you can share your ideas, tell us what you think of other people's ideas and join the discussion that will help shape Starbucks future. Many of the ideas shared have already been turned into action.



If there are any questions or concerns that I have not been able to address, please don't hesitate to call us at 800 23-LATTE (235-2883), we are here Monday through Friday from 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PST).



Thank you again,



Daniel M.

Customer Relations

Starbucks Coffee Company





p.s. I'd really like to know how my response met your needs; click here if you'd be willing to share your thoughts in a brief survey.