Follow me.......





Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday's best......

that's what today is all about....
I hope.


Because somehow yesterday missed the mark a little. I mean--on the surface, it was a good day. We got some things done, we spent some time shopping and hanging out in a nearby trendy neighborhood, we went to lunch at a popular eatery (and we didn't have to wait for a table!) and we even had some friends over for a few cocktails and a table full of munchies. I rocked Vince and Toni's favorite shrimp recipe--making them both so happy. Plus, I managed to sort the piles of off-to-college stuff that have been decorating my dining room table for going on 2 weeks now. The sun shined all day long and both of my kids were safely tucked in Judiland. But, then there was the boot on Vince's car (unpaid parking tickets from his undergrad days)--which sent Carmen into a rather shitty mood, me into fix-it mom mode and Toni into a bit of a stit. And then there was the lost martini shaker lid, the fact we reaized we didn't have olives at the last minute and the cash needed to unboot Vince's car. Besides that--I found out that I had been washing my hair with hair gel--not an expensive speciality shampoo--for going on a week. And, amid it all--I lost track of time and didn't get over to visit with my father as promised. By day's end--I think the time with our friends and the martinis helped somewhat. But, as I laid my head on the pillow--I found myself wanting to make today just a wee bit better. So, I'm working on a plan......

It's time for a trip to Starbuck's.......I definitely need an energy shot.

2 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

lol on the hair gel. Well most of the day sounded wonderful....shopping, cocktails, and a shrimp recipe. Have a good weekend.

Debbie said...

Sunday can only get better...