Follow me.......





Friday, August 7, 2009

TGIF and all that jazz....


I'll be honest with you, as much as I simply adore going to the beach for 2 solid weeks, re-entry is a complete bitch. At this point, I don't even know why I'm looking forward to the weekend!! Why? Well....the time has come...I can make no more excuses about work or schedules or deadlines or projects--I have to face all of my miscalculations and sins!!! The way things look right now....I have a few too many commitments crammed into these next few days, I made way too many promises that I have no idea how I can keep and I'm pretty sure I have forgot something rather important--do I have an eye doctor appointment?
And, you heard it here friends--I am not completely unpacked or caught up with laundry from our trip. Even worse--I haven't quite finished the things I left undone before vacation! While I'm owning up to things, I might as well tell you that yes, those are remnants of Toni's birthday/ graduation party hidden under the dining room table! Oh, and yes...that odd array of pink stuff wedged into the corners--it's Toni-goes-to-college stuff....who knew she needed so much pink. As for that stack of envelopes, papers and magazines--that's 2 weeks worth of mail. So, yeah...if anyone sent me anything important these past 2 weeks--you can pretty much be assured I haven't seen it yet.....

Perhaps there's something to be said for shorter vacations.....

Yet, even with all of that being said....I'm still happy to have Friday here. I really do need a little extra sleep, a little less work day stress and just a tad more time to smell the roses and pull the weeds.

So, yeah, Happy Friday......

3 comments:

Jody V said...

Hey Judi -

7PM works for me! Raise your glass and thank our lucky stars for Fridays!!

I can't even imagine what you have on your plate!! But somehow and someway I am always impressed that you get it done.

Jody

Kathy said...

Oh Judi, you are an amazing woman. I know you'll be able to juggle all those commitments and have time to spare for a martini or two. Have a wonderful weekend.

Ashley said...

FOR THE WEEK THAT I HAD I AM SOOO GLAD IT'S FRIDAY AND ALMOST OVER!!!!