Follow me.......





Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm beginning to be a pest.....

I need you again......


Now that all the major hoopla is over with in Judiland and the only thing I really have going on in the next few weeks is something that I don't really want to have going on (Toni leaving for college), I need some self soothing. In the form of a gift. One that I give myself. And, not just any gift. Let's face it--I have enough clothes and shoes and accessories to outfit the entire state of Nebraska. So, as much as I could definitely go on a major shopping spree--that ain't what I am talking about. And, with the economy the way it is--that's clearly not what I should be doing. Well, at least that's what I hear...

No, what I need is something pretty darn special---to celebrate losing this 100 pounds and to get me through the tough days of empty nesting ahead. It has to be a gift that will make me smile, make me strutt and make me purr. Yeah, that's right....purrrr. And smile. And strutt. As much as a pair of to-die-for-shoes would do that for me--it ain't what I am talking about. Let's face it--anytime I find a to-die-for-pair-of-shoes--I buy them whether I am in need of a good smiling, a good strutting or a good purring. To-die-for-shoes are just too ordinary of a gift for the occasion and the situation. I need something more. Something to fullfill me.

Just yesterday, my rocking friend Professor H swooped by and scooped me up in her brand spanking new hybrid vehicle. And, there she sat--behind the wheel of her shiney new car with a pair of the most decadent red shades. These where the kind of shades that definitely made a statement. She was smitten with those shades--she was smiling ear to ear as I squealed with delight! Oh, you could just tell--she was in love with those shades! Not only that--they gave her a whole new cool vibe. Not that she needs one. But....ooooh...she had it. Super cool. Plus, they gave her a sense of madcap adventure---so much so that she was talking about us taking to the open road with just the 20 dollar bill I had stashed in my pocket and our cell phones. Not only that--she was walking just a little bit taller! And, I swear when she removed those shades--her eyes were filled with fire. When we walked into the Murray Avenue Deli--yeah....it was very clear-- Professor H had arrived. This girl was fullfilled. Completely. And her red shades told the story.

That's the kind of gift I am talking about.
I'm looking for that kind of gift.

Any ideas?

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Maybe because red is right beside orange on the color wheel...Maybe they reminded you of another pair...somewhere in your distant past...
...Orange Square Sunglasses...
From the bottom of my heart ...I'm Sorry.

Debbie said...

As for the fullfillment thing, I'd have to ponder that for awhile...

Prof H said...

decadent red.... I like that.

More soon....

Prof H

Jody V said...

I have to think about this one also. It's a tough one. You have accomplished so much I can understand where you're coming from.

Jody

Anonymous said...

Color your hair red with low lites. A new haircut...something like that usually makes for a feel good change. You can always change it back. There's always a new car.....can't wait to see what you come up with.

L

Kathy said...

Wow, I like the red sunglasses idea. I might have to go buy a pair for myself. Oh, sorry...we are trying to find something for you to get. Well, I will have to think on it for a while.