Follow me.......





Sunday, June 1, 2008

No one told me about those french fries and afternoon martini breaks......

And the margaritas and the rum swizzles and the crab bisque and the rasberry panna cotta.......
Ah, the cruising life.....an entire ship filled with Lapband friendly libations and indulgences!!! Unfortunately, I had a brief not-so-lapband friendly moment. Thankfully, it was our very first night aboard. So, when I had this especially unpleasant lapband moment---right there at our very formal table (naturally, I used the wonderfully oversized cloth napkin when "it" happened)---it was easy to blame it on seasickness when our concerned and oh so polite waiter, Virgil, looked at me with alarm. My family didn't take too kindly to my little episode at all! But, as the week wore on, it became a running joke......mom vomiting right there at the table! Yes, I know, I would scold my children (and my husband!) for doing that...telling them to at least excuse themselves before such bad manners. Sometimes good manners and the lapbanded life are just not in sync......


So, I'm back........somewhat rested, somewhat tan but nowhere near ready to join life on land. My cruise felt like an appetizer of sorts.....now I'm ready for the main course. But, it's not to be. I've checked my emails, I've listened to voicemails and I've looked at the pile of laundry that awaits me. No gourmet main course for me. More like fast food.

Give me a few days.....I promise--I'll share pictures, stories and reflections. But, for now....it's time to return to life aboard my ship......the one that's docked right here, right now.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time, Judi!

Can't wait to see pictures and hear stories!

Anonymous said...

Judi!
It's been FOREVER! First I was traveling then you were cruising! I've missed my Judi Fix. Cannot wait to hear ALLLLLLLLLLLL about it!
Welcome back to where YOU belong (you can beat me now!)
XOX
Jen

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back Judi!!!

You were so so missed. I thought of you often and wondered if you wore your PINK pants off the ship.
Tell us, please!
Looking forward to "news from the cruise!"
HUGS!
MariB

Anonymous said...

YIPPPEEEE Judi is back! Missed you (and your blog....hehehe)
Lauren