Follow me.......





Saturday, March 19, 2011

My love affair continues......

With Trader Joe's polenta!
This stuff is just incredible.
I*N*C*R*E*D*I*B*L*E
A great little Saturday afternoon lunch!

Join me today for LUNCH.
Check out this easy, wonderful recipe for Polenta Pizzaiola.
It's 5-star quality in my book!
I'm sure you can use it with any brand of Polenta. I am just completely enamored with TJ's!
I'm pairing mine with a crisp and delightful Pino Grigio.
I suggest you do the same.
Go ahead.....be decadent!!!
After all, isn't that what we all deserve after a long week in the trenches?
Polenta Pizzaiola

Polenta Pizzaiola

  • 1 package TJ's Organic Polenta
  • 1 jar TJ's Traditional Marinara
  • 1 container TJ's Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
  • 1/2 cup TJ's Quattro Formaggio Shredded Cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with olive oil. Cut the polenta into 1/2 inch thick slices and place them on the baking sheet. Spread a generous tablespoon of marinara sauce onto each polenta slice. Then place a generous tablespoon of ricotta over the marinara onto each slice. Sprinkle the top of each slice with some shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until cheese is glowing golden. Serve as an appetizer or alongside a fresh green salad or a bowl of soup. [Alternative: Replace TJ’s Traditional Marinara & TJ’s Quattro Formaggio with TJ’s Salsa Autentica and TJ’s Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend.]

Serves: 8 - 10
Cooking Time: 20 - 25 Minutes

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

Looks yummy. I'm convinced I'll run into you at TJ's someday, but it'll be the day that I've just left the gym all red-faced, sweaty, and looking too disgusting to say say hello....but don't worry, I will! I just might pull my sunglasses on though, lol.