It's time to kick off your holiday weekend........
Let the fireworks begin....
A perfect summer menu--recipes included--from me to you....
Peached and Whiskied Iced Tea
the perfect summer cocktail!
- 1 quart cold water
- 6 black tea bags
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups peach nectar
- Your favorite whiskey (recommended: Jack Daniels)
- Fresh peach slices, for garnish
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from the heat, add tea bags, and let steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in sugar until dissolved. Transfer to a pitcher, add peach nectar, and stir to combine. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Fill tall glasses with ice and then pour peach tea over, leaving some room at the top for the whiskey. Stir in 1 shot of whiskey to each glass and garnish with a peach slice and fresh mint sprig.
- 1 large (16-ounce) bag corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked clean of shells, chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked and tails removed, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded iceberg
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- pickled jalapeno slices
- Sour cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
In a large baking pan or cast iron pan place a layer of the tortilla chips and cover with the shredded Cheddar and Pepper Jack cheeses. Bake the chips for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheeses are melted. Remove the dish from the oven and set aside.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic until soft. Add the seafood and saute for 3 minutes.
Add the cream, garlic powder, Parmesan, salt and pepper, to taste, to the seafood and stir for 2 to 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
Remove the seafood mixture from the heat and pour over the tortilla chips. Top the nachos with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, jalapenos, and a large dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 16 fresh cherries (about 4 ounces)
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks
- Cream cheese, softened
Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish.
Thread fruit on skewers, and place in juice mixture. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Remove kabobs from marinade.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over low heat (under 300°) 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with cream cheese and gingersnaps.
Now, sit back and watch the FIREWORKS.....