Follow me.......





Sunday, July 25, 2010

If you can't stand the heat.......



get the hell out of the kitchen!

I haven't cooked a blessed thing all weekend.
I'm feeling a little guilty.
So, this morning, I ran out to get some grill worthy seafood and veggies.
Since then, I've been poking around in the kitchen to come up with a menu that would fool me into believing I'm on a beach vacation.
I'd love to have you all join me on my beach vacation dinner......the more the merrier.
Shoes optional......


Gin Gimlets
(we will sip these as we watch the waves hit the sand)
Jigger of Tanqueray gin
1 oz Rose's lime juice
1 twist lime
Put in martini shaker with ice.....shake, shake, shake

Trader Joe's Mediterranean Hummus
with Trader Joe pretzel chips
Recipe: Go to Trader Joe's and buy it!
Yum.....will go great with those gin gimlets!
Do you feel the breeze of the ocean???

Wine Choice for dinner:
MezzaCorona Pinot Grigio

Tuscan Grilled Tuna Steaks
4 fresh tuna steaks, 8 ounces each, 1-inch thick
1 lemon, zested
3 sprigs fresh rosemary, about 2 tablespoons leaves stripped from stem
Handful flat leaf parsley
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Coarse salt and black pepper or grill seasoningExtra-virgin olive oil, for cooking

Rinse and pat tuna steaks dry. Place zest on top of cutting board. Pile rosemary and parsley leaves on top of zest. Pile garlic and some coarse salt and black pepper or grill seasoning on top of herbs. Finely chop the garlic, herbs, and spices. Drizzle the olive oil over the tuna steaks just enough to coat each side. Rub herb and garlic mixture into fish, coating pieces evenly on each side. Let stand 10 minutes.

Grill tuna steaks 6 minutes on each side .

Grilled Veggies

Cut up: Red peppers, zucchini and onions, place them in a zip lock bag, pour your favorite bottled balsamic vinegarette dressing over them. Marinate for 15 minutes to an hour or so. Throw them on the grill--let them cook for about 10 minutes, let them rest on plate while you are cooking the tuna steaks. Before serving, sprinkle with crumbled feta or goat cheese.

Grilled Corn on the Cob with Romano Butter

Leaving the corn in their jackets, just take off the loose pieces and hanging silk. Spritz them with salted water. Put on the grill for about 10 minutes. Take them off, wrap in aluminum foil and let them sit on the part of the grill that is least hot until ready to serve. A few minutes before serving, take off foil and husks. (you might want to ask someone else to do this, it can get kinda hot....LOL!)

Romano Butter:

Mix: Softened butter, handful of Romano cheese, a little olive oil, chopped basil together. Serve with corn on the cob

Trader Joe's Italian Tiramisu Gelato

Topped with a splash of Franjelico Hazlenut Liquer


Bon Apetito!





3 comments:

Kathy said...

OMG!! I am salivating reading this and I am still in my pajamas and sipping my morning tea. That sounds like a heavenly meal to be sure. Only we are sitting near the lake in the mountains and listening to the sounds the birds are making and the boats on the lake in the background. Ah, life is good, isn't it?

Jacquie said...

I am so on that beach with you Judi....save some for me!

Gen said...

I am there! Oh wait, I still have to lose 4 lbs leftover from my real beach vacation! I have to have one of those Gin Gimlets!