Follow me.......





Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tearing Down Wallpaper, Washing Walls and Dreaming of Belly Dancing.......

That about sums up my weekend. Instead of going to the gym----I tore down wallpaper and washed down walls. Trust me, that was exercise. I'm not sure if it flattened my stomach or minimized my hips! But, it did something---I can feel the burn! Speaking of flattening my stomach--my dear friend "Sistah Rose" asked me what I was going to do about any sagging belly skin I might be left with after loosing all this weight. Hmmmm. "You mean I'm not going to have washboard abs?" I whined. "No, Judi, you won't" Rose laid it on the line. "Well, if you ask me, it just seems extremely unfair" I pouted. Rose is a tell-it-like-it-is Southern girl with a penchant for tea, junking, tipsy gardening and all things whimsical. My kind of gal. Rose has been successfully whipping herself into shape after a bit of a health scare. She's got enough gumption and sass to fight off even the peskiest of problems! And, there's nothing this lady won't do once she sets her mind to it. So, my can-do friend suggested I take up Belly Dancing. That's what she's been doing. It's given her more self confidence, spiced up her life and spiffed up her wardrobe! Gee, and I was all ready to tell her that I'd just buy myself a lifetime supply of Spanx (oh, I just LOVE those things!) and just keep tucking that flab in there! But, belly dancing? Now, that might be a Judi thing. When she reminded me that Belly Dancing could open a whole new world of fashion for me, I ALMOST climbed down off the ladder and ran to the nearest Belly Dancing school. But, as only Rose would understand--the wall paper had to go. First things first. But, it was oh so fun thinking about belly dancing as I scraped the wallpaper off then pleaded with that aged glue to evaporate (it didn't).

Belly dancing? Crazy? I like crazy.


By the way......does anyone know what Belly Dancing shoes look like?

1 comment:

Trinity said...

You belly dance barefoot silly! it's great fun, Gee I should really get back into it.