Follow me.......





Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's a BAND OLD DAY for this snow-weary blogger....


Sometimes when blog entry words escape me or when I am in need of just a little reflection or just some entertainment, I drift back in time by reading what I blogged about in the past.
When I do, I am always filled with a real sense of accomplishment and a very deep feeling of amazement.
For more reasons than just my beloved Lapband.....
First and foremost, I'm simultaneously shocked and pleased with myself that I have been blogging for this long....
Really. Really. Really.
And, secondly, I am thankful that despite Mrs. Darby's (my first grade teacher) declaration that my chatterbox ways were a problem and always would be, I didn't let her stop me from chattering away....
Finally, I found a forum where it's okay to talk, talk, talk, Mrs. Darby
God Rest her soul.
And, just as importantly, I find myself ridiculously proud of the fact that I can write about the little nuances of life in a way that makes them worth reading--even for me-- when I go back and visit my entries!
As a closet writer all of my life, I can honestly tell you that there were many things I wrote over the years that actually embarrassed the hell out of me when I read them later on.
I was forever in that "what was I thinking when I wrote that?" mode.
And, lastly....I am reminded that I am still of sound mind.
The alzhiemers and the dementia hasn't got me yet....
How do I know that for sure?
Because when I read those blog entries.....

I remember.....



February 23, 2010...
I had just bought a darn cute skirt and needed pantyhose...

February 23, 2009
I was wondering about excess and it's relationship to obesity....

February 24, 2008
I had just bought a pair of Not Your Mother's Jeans and I was coming off a wild weekend


Even though Judiland is frozen over and there's cold snow all around, my memories and my thankfulness are warm and fuzzy....

No comments: