Follow me.......





Monday, February 21, 2011

Move over FABIO......

I AM THE ULTIMATE SURVIVOR....



A SURVIVOR....that's what I feel like today.
Not just a survivor.
An ultimate survivor.
After a weekend that included lots of shennanigans and hijinx and this and that and everything in between, I am still walking and talking with some semblance of sanity.
That's a good thing.
I deserve the $1 million prize.
Hand it over.....

It was one of those weekends that will go down in the history books of Judiland......

I survived the weekend.
And, so did everyone else.
The only thing that didn't make it was my phone.
Guess what happens when you try to carry three huge grocery bags up concrete steps while trying to find your keys as well as trying to figure out how to explain to a 90 year old man that yes, his grandson (my nephew) was life-flighted to the trauma unit of the hospital from a very serious car accident but he will survive, while balancing a cell phone call from your sister (my nephew's mother) who is very upset, knowing all the while you are running late for yet another one of your father's eating sessions and the dogs are barking because they probably need to eat and void and it's starting to snow and you forgot your winter coat that you need to wear to work the next day and then the door won't open even though you are practically busting it down with your free leg and then you fall down, with everything from the bags flying everywhere and you start to panic that the eggs will break and all the milk will spill then your phone flies out of your hand and smacks head on into a wall?
Your phone breaks.
And, that's only the short-minus-emotion version.....




All of that.....
Just in time to take on another Monday.

Now, as Monday winds down......I'm plum tuckered out.
Thankfully, I have a new phone.
After work, I ran directly to the mall.
I got a new phone.
And new shoes.
I won't even bother to give a commentary on the fact that my phone was out of warranty 3 days ago--February 18--and I'm not due to upgrade until October of 2011.
That's why I needed the shoes.
No, I won't mention the fact that I had to pay full price for a suitable replacement.
Another good reason for the shoes.
Because you know--a girl needs a proper phone.
And more shoes.
One that is worthy of her and full fills all of her needs.
My needs always manage to increase with my misery quotient.....
My misery quotient always increases my shoe needs.

My body is feeling the effects of it all.
My brain is definitely feeling the effects.

My Lapband decided to be the only part of my total being to tell me--with no uncertain terms-- that it's time to slow down, take a breather and relax.
My Lapband spoke to me all weekend.
Through all the commotion and craziness, my Lapand kept trying to warn me.
My body let me keep going no matter how exhausted I felt or how unreasonable the demands.
My mind let me to take on more than I should and give more than it had the capacity to give.
But, my Lapband would not hear of it.
It talked back to me.....in ways that were not always pleasant.
My stubborn Lapband.
It kept trying to reign me in.
My Lapband is trying to tell me to stop and take notice of what a spinning, busy, stressful world can do to a girl.
It's doing it the only way it knows how.
Yes, friends, in between all of the craziness (and probably BECAUSE of it all!), I had many Lapband moments this weekend.
Not pretty at all.
As I reflect on the past three days--I realize that what my Lapband did was done out of love.
As I vomitted my way through almost the entire weekend, I didn't get it.
Now I do.
Have I told you lately how much I love my Lapband?
Now it's time to tell you how much I appreciate the fact that my Lapband loves me back.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

So sorry to hear about your nephew. I hate to say it, but better your phone breaking than an ankle or arm.

Tina said...

Holy cow..that is one horrendous weekend story. I hope your nephew is on the mend quickly and your new phone and shoes are better than the last.

I totally agree with you on the band thing...mine slams up just when I would be face planting into a food fest and I am grateful for the band love everytime...afterwards when I look back :)

xxxooo

Unknown said...

OMG, you had me cracking up at your story, but I'm sure it wasn't very funny at that moment.

I am beginning an affair with my band. It's in the very first stages but we are getting to know each other. I am still trying to find a name for her (yes, her) but I will figure it out soon. She just reminded me tonight that I need to s l o w it down. :)

Alison said...

Sounds horrific, hope that your nephew is on the mend. Glad that you managed to console yourself with shoes!