Follow me.......





Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My 2011 budget includes dining on lobster at lunch....does yours?

I'm not real crazy about frugality.
Or pinching pennies.
It cramps my style.
It feels so....I don't know.....common.
And, I'm definitely not common.

But sometimes a girl has to mind her wallet if she wants to splurge on a special Valentine's Day.
So, during those times when I have to cut back, I make it a point of doing-with-less-than-usual as elegantly and decadently as possible.
You see, I don't want to know that I'm budgeting.
It's a little secret that I keep from myself.
To do that-I spoil myself much more than I do during my normal spend-with-abandon moments.
Yes, I know it sounds illogical...to the logical mind.
Let's just say it's my version of reverse psychology.
In other words--I play a mental game with myself.
I pretend that I am a woman of extravagant means who has certain needs.
A girl who needs to drink top shelf gin out of crystal martini glasses.
When I'm not consciously budgeting, I'm fine with Tangueray out of whatever glass I can find.
For me--it makes oodles of sense.
And, hell--it makes me feel good.
And, honestly...don't tell anyone.... I just love, love bargains and I think it's fun living well on a shoestring.
I like the rush of feeling like I'm getting away with something.....
Yes, I like to be a Diva Bad-Ass.
Believe me....when I bought those extremely discounted Ann Taylor dresses over the weekend--I literally ran out of the store and dashed out of the mall to my car for fear they would be following me for robbing the place......I'd be in handcuffs soon.
It felt so good.....knowing that I escaped with my LBDs.

So, you can imagine my sheer delight when I found Lobster Bisque in the frozen food aisle at Aldi's on Monday night.
Two servings for less that $4.
310 calories a serving.
We all know that I love Lobster bisque.
It's every Lapbanded girls dream soup.....so smooth and sweet with a little kick.
And....what could be more elegant than LOBSTER?
It ain't chicken noodle cup-a-soup.

So, now you're saying to yourself with a bit of disbelief.....she bought FROZEN lobster bisque at ALDI'S and this somehow makes her feel decadent and classy?

Yes, my lovelies....... and I suggest you do the same.

3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

lol, you always make me laugh Judi. :) i still haven't been to aldi's! i keep meaning to go to the one in robinson over by the costco but i see how everyone has issues turning left out of the parking lot and that makes me too terrified to pull my car in. i might get trapped.

Kathy said...

I hate to admit it but, I've never had lobster bisque. I can only imagine how yummy it tastes though. Someday, maybe I will find a bargain at my local supermarket. Who know?

Catherine55 said...

Love it, Judi! Great philosophy! And, I do love lobster bisque. . :)