Follow me.......





Sunday, March 8, 2009

What's a girl to do?


I'm pretty sure there's more to life than this. Oh, I'm not complaining. I'm just thinking. It's all part of this being 50 thing. Here's the deal...I need to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. Because you see...the past 50 years were really not figured out by me. So, by all intents and purposes, I'm in my infancy of life. I've got some growing up to do! Up until now, it was all either the way it goes, happenstance or dumb luck. There was no real design or decision put into all the things I've done thus far. Oh yeah, sure...I may have said "yes" a few times, signed on a few dotted lines and nodded in agreement a lot. But, for the most part, it just all happened. I went along for the ride. I followed the signs. I did the next thing. The story of my life....from 1 to 50.

I know I'm not alone in this. Most people don't have scripts or predetermined life plans. Or, do you? Maybe I'm the one who just never got the memo. Maybe I'm the only one who got to this point in life by riding the wave, flying by the seat of my pants, just taking the next road and banking on serendipity or good karma or good star alignment. Perhaps everyone else did it all by design and I'm just now figuring out that design may have been the way to go. All those years of que sera, sera-ing might not have been the smartest thing. Maybe I should have sat down and made that plan when I was 5, when I was 10, when I was 15, when I was 20, when I was 25...well you get it.. Maybe I should have. But, I think I was way too busy....dreaming.
Perhaps I should do it all again.....

No comments: