Follow me.......





Monday, May 19, 2008

Sex, lies, murder, coming back from the dead and lapbands.......


Check out the Guiding Light. It's a Soap Opera. I think it's the longest running one ever. As a matter of fact, my mother was a huge fan. And, yes, I admit that I did my share of watching too. Grade school--remember Papa Bauer? High School--oooh, that Roger! College---ooh, that Roger! In my 20's---ooh, that Alan! In my 30's--will Reva and Josh ever find happiness? Well, anyway, I haven't seen it in many years. But, every once in awhile I'll check the weekly updates in the paper just to see how my friends in Springfield are doing. So, yesterday when I was reading one of Toni's tabloid gossip magazines and came upon an article about the Guiding Light, I couldn't help but read it. What until you hear this!!!! Amid all the sex and divorce and murder and people coming back from the dead, Lapbanding has made it's way into the Soaps! And, it's happening on MY soap! One of the actresses on GL (that's what we insiders call it) had Lapband surgery in real life and now she is going to have it on the show! Now, this is big. Once something reaches the soaps, you know it's going to take off like crazy. Look what soaps did for baby names and evil twin sisters!!! I'm going to be walking mighty proud today. To think....I did it before it became the thing to do. I did it before they did it on the Guiding Light. It's the first time I could ever say that.......

No comments: