Follow me.......





Saturday, May 17, 2008

It takes 9 months.......


You know and I know that I've been losing weight for the past 9 months. So, why is it that all of a sudden it's so noticeable? It's like a switch went on and everyone sees it. In fact, I even see it myself. I look in the mirror and I think to myself "holy shit girl, you lost weight!". People are walking up to me and saying things. My own daughter noticed---"Mom! You look hot!" A woman I see every so often at work stopped me in the hallway to tell me something and as she was talking, she just stopped.....mid-sentence....and said "wow, Judi, you look great." It happened overnight. Really. So, it got me to thinking......what is the moment when weight loss kicks in? What is the magic number? How much weight does it take to make a difference?

Several years ago during one of my Weight Watcher love affairs, I remember the same thing happening. At the time, the leader told me that it takes a while for the body to redistribute and shift and acknowledge the weight loss. I guess it's like getting comfortable in your own skin. Is 9 months that magical point? That makes sense from a evolution standpoint. It takes 9 months to go from a teeny little embryo (yes, I did pay attention in my 10th grade sex ed class!) to a full grown infant. So, maybe our bodies are programmed for the 9 month thing from the moment we are conceived. I'll tell you, this journey of mine has been one learning experience after another! Who would have thought that I would have ever come up this losing weight -gestation theory? It's pretty brilliant if you ask me. Wonder what I can expect in 9 more months. Hopefully it's not a baby.

No comments: