Follow me.......





Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes..........

Sing it David!!!





Here I am, only days away from boarding that big cruise ship and all I can think about is David Bowie. Well, not exactly David himself. That song he sings....Changes. It's been going through my head for the past 24 hours. You'd think I'd be hearing conga music or the Beach Boys or some kind of steel drum sound. After all, I am going on a cruise! But, no, it's David Bowie. It's not that I don't like David or that song....because I do. They are just not in my top 10. But, it's a good song. It's one of those songs that takes me back to a place in time. To my days of hanging out at the ice skating rink. They played that song over and over again. (shit, I can still smell that darn ice skating rink as I sit here and think about it!!!) But, that's not why I'm thinking about David Bowie. Trust me, I'm not trying to relive my days as a 16 year old rink rat. No. No. This song just happened. In my head. I was getting some clothes ready to pack up for the big trip and found myself thinking about all the changes in my life. I mean, there I was packing to go on a cruise.....of all things. A big change. I was packing cute capris and little tops and shoes that weren't only meant for comfort and the most adorable undies. Again.... big changes. All of a sudden, in between the undies and shoes..... there he was.....David Bowie with his stuttering "ch-ch-ch-ch-changes". That's how it happened. Don't ask me why. My good friend, the rock and rollin', Nike wearing Professor H is a big proponent of letting music into your life to get you through the good times and the bad times. She's right........she's a professor. Letting the music in is one thing, Professor H. But, holy heck, this song just waltzed right into my head and stayed there. Like I said.....it just happened. Anyway, since this song has taken up permanent residence in my head these past 24 hours and I'm humming it and singing it, this morning I figured I better try to figure out what the heck Bowie is singing about. So, I did. And, by golly.....I'm pretty sure he wrote that song for me. I know it seems a bit far fetched. But, hear me out. Get this....he sings:

Still dont know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets and
Every time I thought Id got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But Ive never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
Im much too fast to take that test


If that doesn't scream Judi, I don't know what does! I mean, it's exactly what I've said a million times......why did I wait so long to get my lapband? And, the song is definitely referring to all of my years and years of dieting and thinking I found the perfect diet but then I didn't. Yes, it's definitely about me.

Okay....you're not convinced? How about this line.....

I watch the ripples change their size
THAT line alone seals the deal for sure, don't you think? I mean, come on, what have I been talking about all these months? The changes in my ripples. Yes! Rock on David! I wonder what other songs he wrote about me.....



Yes, I know......it's a strange fascination, fascinating me.










2 comments:

Amy said...

Judi- I have been reading your blog and I love your writing style and your great pictures. I hope you have the time of your life on the open seas. (BTW- I really appreciated all of your support) ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey J,

We both know that lots of wisdom comes from rock 'n' roll. That's why we love it -- the lyrics and music are out there, just waiting to put words to our experience, to explain the nearly-unexplainable, to keep us company when we're lonely, to help us celebrate when life is good. Glad Mr. Bowie gave you some words. You deserve to celebrate!

Rock on!
Professor H