Follow me.......





Thursday, April 15, 2010

A taxing situation.......

and it's taxing the hell out of me.......


And, I can't eat to make it go away.
Or make it feel better.
Or to relieve the stress.

It's tax day.
Just the fact that it is tax day makes it a pretty stressful day.
But, that's not what is taxing me.
I'm being taxed by guilt.
Yep, good old fashioned guilt.
I can't seem to be all things to all people and still do what I want to do.
And I am feeling awfully guilty.
Yeah, I know....that's nothing new.
But, it's wearing on me.
It's that time of the year when invitations abound--for parties and weddings and showers and luncheons and all kinds of fun things....
So many things I really want to do....
But I have obligations and commitments.
And, if I don't up hold those obligations and commitments, other people--who I dearly love--are impacted.
Thus, the guilt.
Thus, the taxing situation.
Thus, the desire to eat nachoes.

2 comments:

Jody V said...

Oh Judi...I am so with you on this one. I don't have any good advice. I will keep checking back to see what others tell us!

Jody

The Universe said...

The thing is, Judi, life's magic isn't a substitute for networking, socializing, and "working." To the contrary, these are some of its greatest incubators.
To the office -
The Universe