Follow me.......





Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Did she really say that?

Did she really say.....you're not going to get any thinner, are you?
Really?
Did she really, really say that?
Really, really, really?
I mean--did she really utter those words?
Yes, she did.
How do I know?
Because I asked....
Right there in the ladies room....after I caught my breath and steadied myself....I asked my old colleague/friend (who I haven't seen in ages): "Deb, did you really say that?"
She said "YES I DID! Do you want me to say it again?"
Yes and I want you to say it again and again and again......to make up for all the times I wished I could have heard it.....

I am not trying to lose weight, people!
And, I have not been trying to lose weight for awhile now.
Nope.
I am not trying to lose weight!
I am happy right where I am.
Happy with my body, my weight, my hips, my boobs, my chin, my legs, my ass, my arms...shit, I am happy with it all. Sagging skin and all.
Do you want me to say it again?
Okay....
I am not trying to lose weight, people!
And, I have not been trying to lose weight for awhile now.
Nope.
I am not trying to lose weight!
I am happy right where I am.
Happy with my body, my weight, my hips, my boobs, my chin, my legs, my ass, my arms...shit, I am happy with it all. Sagging skin and all.


This, my friends, is a major moment in history.
A momentous occasion.
It's big.
Waaaay big.


Pinch me, please!!!!
(I've got lots of extra skin to pinch....but, it's okay)

6 comments:

Alison said...

Fantastic post, so pleased for you x

Gen said...

That is an amazing place to be! So happy for you. Thanks.

Gen said...

Judi,

Go to https://sisterhoodofthetravelingbandits.blogspot.com.

The title of the blog is BOOBS I believe, for Band of Outrageous Babes.

I really hope you can make it! This is going to be a blast. And you are a superstar so you need to be there!

Nella said...

So well said!

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

I am so happy you are there!!!!

THe ONLY thing I liked about being pregnant was the Dr. kept telling me I HAD to gain more weight.
I just liked hearing him say it!

Nicole said...

congrats! what a great place to be!