Follow me.......





Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I am a blank canvass......








I am a gardener....











I am not a nearly 50 year old woman who is facing the reality that her youngest child is going off to college and who has no idea what to do with the rest of her life......





















That's what Professor H told me in between slurps of matzahball soup and bites of latkes....
She's right...that smart Professor H. That's why she is Professor H.
So, hand me my brushes and my seeds. It's time to paint and plant. Metaphorically speaking, that is....

The celebration continues.....
Today it's all about a hand on a bible, a promise spoken into the cold January air, first dances and pretty ball gowns. And, having lunch with two creative, smart and oh so wonderful colleagues from yesteryear.
Can you say AM-ER-I-CAN? I CAN!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Too bad you're experiencing 50 and the empty nest thing all in the same year...I have yet to experience the empty nest thing...(thank God for Andy)...although leaving Dean in Vegas was very, very difficult. Being in your 50's is the greatest, getting older is somewhat liberating. (As if I ever needed to be more liberated!) It’s going to happen no matter what, you might as well enjoy it.

Kathy said...

Enjoy the celebration today and continue to enjoy the celebration on Friday. It won't be bad, believe me. In fact you'll be surprised how you still feel the same. Have a good day my friend.

Hugs,
Kathy

Jody V said...

Enjoy the start of many new things today Judi. I am excited for the country and for you, my friend. Did someone say fuckinfabulous fifty? Gee - it just sounds so right!!

Jody

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

It is so hard when they leave home, but then you notice u have more money and time to do what you want!
ENJOY~

Daffodil Hill said...

Wondering what to do with the rest of your life? No doubt you will find something fun and meaningful. I look forward to watching that discovery unfold. : )

My own future is unfolding before my eyes, and it is good. Difficult, but wonderful. Pray for me.

{{{hugs}}}