Follow me.......





Monday, January 12, 2009

Here we go again....

...hip-hip hooray.....

Yeah, that was just me trying to get myself psyched up for Monday. Another week. Another who knows what. To be honest....that little hip-hip-hooray just didn't do it for me. I think I need another....

Alright, I'm not in the mood.

Let's just forget it's Monday morning and talk about something else....

Did I mention that I went to an amazing party where I met up with a few blog readers? Oh yes, and we talked blog. It was oh so fun. I had quite a bit of wine. But, trust me, I needed it. Thankfully, my sister (who confessed that she is afraid to comment on my blog...afraid of moi?) drove home. My oldest friend (a blog reader!) in the world (well, she's not the oldest....but, um, she is older than me) gave this huge, wonderful party for her lovely, sweet and darling daughter (a blog reader!) and her new husband to celebrate the upcoming birth of their first baby. It was super swanky and very social register quality. Honestly, I have to give a shout out to her for how impeccable her taste is and how clean her entire house is. I really have no idea how she manages to keep it so sparkling. (I mean...what the fuck Deb? You just got back from a week in Vegas and your house is that perfect less than 24 hours later? What the hell am I doing wrong?) I'm pretty sure her bedroom was messier than mine when we were kids. And now she has hard wood floors you can eat off of! And, listen to this--she had a shitload of people in her house and there wasn't a thing out of place in her kitchen. I guess I can learn a thing or two from my older friends. Hey Moriah's Grandma (one of my blog readers)....thanks for outting yourself!

Oh, and for those of you who were following the drama of Vince returning to PhDland this past weekend--you can breath easier now--he got there. But, not before busting a window pane in our front door as he was crabbily carrying a bunch of stuff to his car. Not a good moment. Thank God for duct tape....

And, last but not least...I am no longer the soup dope of the South Hills. Yes, I redeemed myself by cooking up a delicious batch of potato soup. After all the drama of Vince leaving and the busted glass and the big mess created by it all, I figured we could all use a nice dose of comfort food. And, given that knot in my throat and those tears brimming in my eyes--I needed a pick-me-up. And, what better way to make me feel all better than to reclaim my rightful title of queen of the kitchen?

Alright...there's no denying it...Monday is here.

Happy Monday (I guess).....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're the best JC...
Congrats on mastering the soup... There really is an art to making a good soup...I always try to wing it and create my own, but it never works, tastes like water with a crayon dipped in it. The only successful soups I've made are straight from a recipe or cook book...Looking foreward to our next adventure...
xoxo
Debbie