Friday, August 8, 2008
Taking inventory & scoring big!
Here's what they say every woman should have:
* One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to (even if you wouldn't) and one who reminds you of how far you've come.
* Enough money within your control to move out and rent a place on your own, even if you never want or need to.
* Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
* A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you're not ashamed to be seen carrying.
* A youth you're content to move beyond.
* A past juicy enough that you're looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
* A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra.
* One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
* A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
* Eight matching plates, wineglasses with stems and a recipe for a meal that will make your guests feel honored.
* A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded.
* A feeling of control over your destiny.
* A skin care regime, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don't get better after 30.
* A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and all those other facets of life that do get better.
Here's what they say every woman should know:
* How to fall in love without losing yourself.
* How you feel about having kids.
* How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
* When to try harder and when to walk away.
* How to kiss a man in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn't like to happen next.
* How to have a good time at a party you'd never choose to attend.
* How to ask for what you want in a way that makes it most likely you'll get it.
* That you can't change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents.
* That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it's over.
* What you would and wouldn't do for love or money.
* How to live alone, even if you don't like it.
* Who you can trust, who you can't, and why you shouldn't take it personally.
* Where to go - be it your best friend's kitchen table or a charming inn hidden in the woods - when your soul needs soothing.
* What you can and can't accomplish in a day, a month, and a year.
* Why they say life begins at 30.
What are you missing?
For 50 points.....
Pick one item from each list that you are missing and take a solemn oath that you are going to making it happen in the next year. And, share how you are going to do it.
For those of you who have everything on the lists covered.....you automatically be one of the winners!
The only condition.....you have to agree to allow all posters to ask you any question they want (that relates to these items) in the next 24 hours and you have to answer them...right here on my blog...in the comment section! Afterall, what good is having it all if you can't share your wisdom. Don't be shy....you are among friends.
Only 2 more days until my Bandiversary Giveaways! The top 3 scorers each win one item (of my choosing) from my 52 Favorite Things! Good luck!