Follow me.......





Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Where do all the bloggers go?



Trust me, if you are reading this posting and you have a blog that you haven't posted on in awhile, I am not judging you.
No. No. No.
I am missing you.
And, I am wondering how you are.
And, I am wondering what happened to you.
And, I am wondering how one day you were there and then the next day....you weren't.  And, then you never came back.
My guess is that life got in the way or your computer broke or maybe your forgot your password. Or, maybe after not posting for awhile, you were embarrassed to come back and say "gee I am sorry I have been gone so long...." or you won the lottery and embarked on a worldwide journey or you were captured by aliens.....  (you can definitely tell that I am someone who need to know why!)
Or, perhaps you felt like you didn't have anything else to say.
Or, you thought no one was listening.
I feel that way a lot.
Then, all of a sudden, someone posts a comment and wala, I am back to feeling like what I have to say matters to someone somewhere.
But, even if no one ever says a word, I'd still blog away.   
Mostly, I blog for me.
I'm selfish like that.
Readers are my icing on the cake, my cherry on top of my sundae.  
You see, writing is one of those things that is part of my life.
A part of my life that I thought I lost when I didn't become a journalist or write the great American novel.
My Lap band gave me back that part of my life.
Among all the wonderful things that my Lap band gave me.....getting back to my writing came as a bit of a surprise.
A happy, fillmeup surprise.   
My Lap band led me to my blog.
And, my blog led me to writing.
The rest is history.

The other night, in a fit of sleeplessness, I found myself checking out blogs that I hadn't read in awhile because the writers just disappeared.....pouf....they were gone.
I thought that maybe....just maybe....they came back and I didn't know it.
But, they didn't.  
What struck me as so interesting is that not one of them said they wouldn't be back.
They didn't make a grand exit.
They just left.
They didn't say good bye.
They didn't write their story's ending.
They didn't have their swan song or take their bow or let the curtain fall.  
It was like they put down their pens and walked away and just never came back.  
Very unceremonious. 
Their last entry was as interesting and full of life as every other posting they wrote.
They clearly had something worth saying.....
They never gave a clue that they were done or that they were riding off into the sunset.  
Their story just stopped.
I'm one of those people who needs to know what happened.
And, even if I don't know what's really happened....I'd like someone to just make something up to appease me.  I'll believe it.  I just need to know.  
And, just as importantly, I am perplexed when someone just stops doing something....like forever. 
As in they never come back.  
It's not a judging thing.
It's truly just a curiosity thing with me.
Really.  Really. Really. 

So, if you are one of those bloggers who isn't there anymore and you read my blog.....let me know you are okay.  And, if you would be so kind....tell me something....anything....about how your story is going. 
I hope you won the lottery but I'd be just as interested to hear about alien abductions. 


3 comments:

Nikki609 said...

HA HA..you caught me..I've been lurking, but mainly haven't been on here because of life and many things going on...I am now 9 weeks pregnant with twin boys and had to have all my fluid taken out of the band because EVERYTHING was getting stuck! BLAH...but so far so good...I have only gained 2 lbs during the pregnancy..however they say I should gain 25-42 because its twins..what the ?!?!?! LOL..hope you are doing well!

~Miss Lorie~ said...

It makes me sad when my blogging friends just "aren't there" anymore.
I always wonder why, too.
And I always worry.

Anonymous said...

yup, me too!! there are quite a few blogs that I followed and then....POOF...GONE!! and its kinda upsetting cuz, yes, you want to know how they are and what hey have been up to!! there is one in particular, she lived in Louisiana or somewhere like that and had a sick husband and a small son she adopted....she was freaking hysterical, but she is gone....I wonder how she is.

Jill in NY