Follow me.......





Thursday, June 6, 2013

The SKINNY on SKINNY......


We've got SKINNY COCKTAILS and SKINNY WINES and SKINNY BAGELS and SKINNY JEANS and SKINNY COOKBOOKS and SKINNY COWS and SKINNY WATER.......
SKINNY THIS and SKINNY THAT.....
Yes, we've got a whole lot of SKINNY going on. 
The world has gone SKINNY mad!
SKINNY is a good thing. 
These days at least.....
But, it wasn't too long ago that the word SKINNY was not exactly an adjective one would use to describe something in a positive way.....
Am I right or am I wrong?
Who wanted a SKINNY girl?

Calling someone SKINNY meant that they didn't look so good and they probably weren't all that healthy to boot.
And who in the hell would buy something called SKINNY with their hard earned money?
Less taste? Less booze? Less on your plate?  Less fabric?  Hell no.  
But.....here we are.....in a world where SKINNY is the rage.
It just goes to show you how vulnerable we are to the marketing geniuses out there who managed to turn the world SKINNY into something that is equated with beauty and healthy life styles. 
I'll be the first to admit that I've fallen prey to all of it!
Yes, I have bought SKINNY everything....from wine to bagels to everything in between.
In fact, call me SKINNY and I'm grinning from ear-to-ear and maybe even kissing you, giving you a high five and inviting you out for a martini!
(Although, let's face it......SKINNY I ain't!)

 
Words to live by? 


So, yesterday morning when I heard this report about the CEO of H&M saying that their models were TOO SKINNY, I actually had to stop and think about it for a moment. 
SKINNY was now a bad thing?
Or, was being TOO SKINNY a bad thing?
Will he get lucky tonight or not? 


Ah, the power of WORDS.
(after all....isn't SKINNY just another word?)



1 comment:

speck said...

I love this post. Funny, entertaining and SO true!

Thanks