Follow me.......





Friday, June 7, 2013

Now I've got GAS problems......

If it isn't one thing it's another! 
My little suburban hamlet....right here in on my quiet little tree-lined street......a major construction project has erupted.   They are installing new gas lines.  To say that things have been a little inconvenient these past few weeks is a major understatement.  Between having construction vehicles parked in front of our house to having my grass torn up to having to deal with moving our cars at all hours....I'm pretty much ready to pull my hair out.  Every morning, I have to commandeer a worker to let me out of my driveway then I have to deal with figuring out which road is closed and how I am going to circumvent the war zone that has become my little neighborhood.
This is NOT a picture of my street...but this is what it looks like!  Maybe even a little worse than this!

But, yet it gets better.....
Evidently, the gas company has decided that all gas meters have to be located outside of our homes.
They are moving mine TODAY. 
I came home to this news posted on my door late last night when I got home from martini night.  
When I called the 800 number that they provided, I was told that due to the project schedule, the work has to be done TODAY.  Not next week....TODAY.   And, just to make matters even more exciting--they aren't sure exactly what time it will happen....sometime between 7 am and 3 pm.  And, it will take about 4 hours.  And, I have to be home for the installation.  Unless, of course, I want to allow a group of strangers access to my house the entire day and not have my gas restored until whoknowswhen!  They have to turn my gas off (afterwards they have to come back in and relight all my pilot lights), they have to bore through the concrete and place the meter outside the wall.....right into Carmen's beautifully just-planted vegetable garden.  He is not going to be too happy when he gets home this weekend.  I haven't told him yet....I don't feel like dealing with his misery on top of my own!  
Speaking of misery....this is NOT the week or the day for me to be out of the office......considering that my entire team is  out on the road.   And,this is NOT the way I want to spend a summer vacation day and I just can't wait to find out what they have to say when they find out  what's happening here in Judiland.....ugh, ugh....
Of course....it gets even more exciting.....
Being that I live in a big old house, my gas meter is located deep in the bowels of my basement.....inside my very overflowing Christmas decoration room (yes, I have separate storage rooms for each holiday).
So....guess where I spent the entire night?  
Yep, you guessed it.....emptying out the storage room so that the workers can actually get to the meter.  Now my basement looks like Christmas exploded all over the place.  

I wonder if it's okay to allow a group of strangers in my house while I am passed out on the living room couch?

I am not feeling too well right now......2 martinis, no sleep, a huge mess in my basement (that will need to be cleaned up!) and having to deal with the fact that I am taking a day off from work that I will not be too popular for.....yeah......
 Now, I will really have GAS PROBLEMS......


No comments: