Follow me.......





Friday, June 28, 2013

On the road again......

Get ready to party Lady Liberty!


I might just have to get myself a pretty crown just like Lady Liberty!



In the meantime.....

While I'm gone.....you might want to try this AMAZING recipe.....from one of my favorite foodie bloggers....The Proud Italian Cook.
Oh, this recipe is just so YUMMMMMY and just perfect for a SUMMER supper! 
Especially a summer supper on the deck with an old friend.   
Add this luscious wine and you will be in Pinot Bianco heaven! 
Speaking of THIS glorious  little wine--- I had been wanting to try it since I read about it in April on one of my favorite go-to wine blogs--The Reverse Wine Snob.  However, being that I live in a state where the state itself governs our wine and spirits, finding certain wines can be rather difficult.  BUT....when I want something--especially wine--I pull out all the stops to find it.  Luckily, with the help of an out-of-state friend who was coming to Pittsburgh last week, I scored a few bottles.   
Oh. Oh. Oh!  It was worth the wait.  And, to be perfectly honest---I'm glad I didn't get it into my wine-lovin' hands until a day when the sun was shining and the sky was perfectly blue and I had an old friend who I haven't seen in way too long to share it with and I had a perfect recipe to pair it with! Given the loveliness of this wine, there's not a drop left in Judiland.  But, since I'm heading on my little road trip later today.....you can bet your wine-lovin' ass that it's on my must-find list!
Another reason to love road trips.....




Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

if you ever get to delaware check out total wine and spirits. they have everything and at very good prices.. I check out the links you posted they look great. have a good weekend!!!