Follow me.......





Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's a WINE DAY!



Finally!
No, really.....FINALLY.
You see....the fact that we are FINALLY doing this is a major accomplishment.
This day has been many, many months in the making.
We've talked about it, we've scheduled it, we've postponed it, we've talked about it some more, we've scheduled it, we've postponed it......
AND NOW WE ARE DOING IT!
Trying to corral a group of winey couples for a winery visit has been nothing short of mind boggling.
Everyone has busy schedules and commitments and things that get in the way.
(Perhaps that's why we drink wine!)
But, today, it is happening.
It's not a road trip....in fact, this new little winery is about 10 minutes from my house.   Their hours are very limited....as in they are only open for 6 hours each Saturday and Sunday.  But, it's been getting quite a bit of buzz around town.   And, you know, I am all about supporting local folks and supporting wine and I just love BUZZ.....
Anyway.....

Before we travel the few miles to the winery, I'm having our little group over for a nourishing brunch.....because you know....the more we eat, the more wine we can consume......at least that's what I heard....
The menu was planned many months ago.....when we planned our first outing.  At that time, the weather was dreary and cold.  So, naturally, I felt the need to come up with a menu that was comforting.  When the plans became firm earlier in the week, I knew I had to tweak my menu and bring it more in line with the season.  So, it was back to my menu planning notebook  to come up with something easy and fun and befitting a Sunday in June......
(as always, everything on this menu has been taste tasted and passed with flying colors...!)

Here's what I finally settled on......
Bloody Marys and Tequila Sunrises
Spinach-Strawberry Almond Salad with Balsamic Lime Vinagarette
A "Brunch" Antipasto Platter......grapes, marinated fresh mozarella, figs, assorted Italian cheeses and meats with Tuscan Hummus,  softened Trader Joe's Honey Goat Cheese with store bought crostini and slices of red, green and yellow peppers for dipping
Quick Quiche (not a very fancy name but I have made this before and it's always a hit....and it's super easy!)
Lemon Scones and Assorted Biscotti from two local places  with a side of this amazing store bought Raspberry Jam
And, of course, coffee and tea for those inclined.....


Here's to your Sunday! 

1 comment:

Jody V said...

Just catching up! Hope you had a great time!