Follow me.......





Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Welcome to Judiland's Word of the Day Countdown to Christmas--Day 13!

Only 12 more days until Christmas!

Today's word is: Naughtyornice
as in....which one are you? (click on the link to find out!)

Yes, it's another Tastey Tuesday recipe exchange day!
And, I'm beginning to wonder about you all!
99% of you are not sharing recipes!!
Maybe you are all hording your secret recipes and keeping them for yourself?
That's a little naughty, don't you think?
Well, I need all the nice points I can get.......so here's a few recipes for you!
In honor of your naughty behavior, all of my recipes today are of the naughty variety.

I'm not sure if I've ever shared this first recipe with you. Shame on me if I didn't. I discovered this last year at a holiday/football party. By "discovered", I mean that the hostess put in right in front of me and since I'd rather chat and eat that watch an entire football game and I couldn't walk over to the buffet table without risking my life by walking in front of the huge screen TV--I proceeded to eat most of it and declared it one of my all time favorite meals! It's very easy, very yummy and yes, it's naughty!

Hot Onion Dip


Ingredients

  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
  2. In the prepared dish, mix the cream cheese, onion, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.

Oh...and here's a Paula Deen recipe that is so easy and so delish, it's amazing I'm not making it every night....I love, love, love it so much. It's so naughty that I actually feel the need to go to Confession after I eat it....

Peppermint Bark


Ingredients

  • Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup
  • 2 pounds white chocolate
  • Peppermint flavorings, optional

Directions

Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate (add peppermint flavoring at this point if desired.) Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)


And, this last naughty little concoction is something that reminds me of my mother. And, I love to be reminded of my mother! Although her favorite drink was a highball (made with gin), she loved to entertain with whiskey sours. When she bought some maraschino cherries and got out her bottle of whiskey, we knew she was having a party (or hosting her Friday night sewing club....)

Frozen Whiskey Sours

(note--this is my mother's recipe....she didn't add water to the concentrated juices--that's what makes it a wee bit more naughty. But, if think you will have more than one and you need to get up the next day to shop or cook or go to work or just breathe, you might want to some add water....)

  • 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 8 ounces good whiskey
  • 8 maraschino cherries , in juice
  • 1/4 cup fine sugar
Directions
In a large blender fill blender with cubed ice (about 3/4 full). Add one frozen can of lemonade and orange concentrate. Add whiskey.
Add 1/4 cup cherry juice.Add sugar.Blend, high speed.
Garnish with cherry and optional orange slice






For those of you who are looking for extra nice points.....be sure to share your recipe in the comment section!!!

2 comments:

Jody V said...

Made these Garlic & Sausage stuffed mushrooms at Thanksgiving. Bit Hit!

Ingredients:
48 large fresh mushrooms
1 (19.76 ounce) package Johnsonville®
Italian Mild Sausage Links, casings
removed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,
softened 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black
pepper
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Remove mushroom stems and discard; set caps aside.
2. In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
3. In a food processor or blender, combine the cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
4. Place mushroom caps on lightly greased baking sheets. Fill each cap with 2 teaspoons sausage. Top with cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm

Jody V said...

I made these on Saturday. Again...bit hit!

Brie Cups

I put chunks of brie in the phyllo dough cups. I added about a 1/2 tsp of quince paste on top. Bake per the package directions. They are so good! A friend also used strawberry rhubarb preserves on hers.

You may want to make extra of these. They went quick because you can pop them right into your mouth!!