Follow me.......





Thursday, December 31, 2009

On this very last day of 2009.......

what are you doing?


It's been quite a year, hasn't it? So much so that I was thinking of doing a Stories from the road year-in-review for today's post. But, when I woke up to a pounding headache from this damn head cold I've been messing with for ions, I decided I might have to tweak my plan. So, I scampered into the bathroom, took my trusty Theraflu, came downstairs to put the kettle on for tea and figured I'd ponder the idea for my year-in-review post. As I flicked on the Christmas tree lights, I caught a glimpse of what was happening outside---a winter wonderland had appeared overnight. Softly fallen snow draped our neighborhood. Untouched. Glistening in the darkness. And, as I gazed out the window, I realized that this was the perfect morning to sit and watch the morning unfold, sipping my tea and silently reflecting on a year that's been....well....quite a year. So, that's just what I did.

May you find a special way to celebrate this last day of 2009......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you and your dear family. Thanks for being such a sweetheart of a friend. May 2010 bring you lots of smiles,martinis and shoes, health and peace. Love ya kiddo. xoxoxo

L

Harriet Schwartz said...

Happy New Year!!!!!