Follow me.......





Sunday, December 20, 2009

Catching up on Christmas......

That is what today is all about.


Yesterday was sinful.....I stayed in my robe and slippers all day long.
I tried...yes, all day, I tried.....
But....my nose and my throat and my head and all those body aches just over took me.
And, then there were the movies and the magazines.
Sometimes a girl just has to give in to feeling like shit and being a complete waste.
Yeah, well...that was yesterday.....

TODAY....I'm going to keep the drugs going and the let's-ignore-feeling-like-shit vibes going. And, I'm going to visit Starbucks for my Chai Latte (f*ck, why did they do away with those energy shots?) and do what I need to do.
TODAY is all about baking cookies, wrapping gifts, making f*cking memories and re-making those goddamn lists.....
In between it all, my full nest will want to eat and will make messes that they won't clean up and there's a Steelers game that will require football food and I'll need to visit with my father and attend to his needs and do laundry and shovel snow and figure out menus and shave my legs and my Lapband is tight and I need my eyebrows waxed and I'm pretty sure I forgot some pretty major Christmas gift....
And, to top it off.....tomorrow is Monday!
That's if I make it until tomorrow.....

Yes, I need to take a deep breath.....

Because, yes, this is the most beautiful time of the year.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there friend. Hope you feel better. Now on to makin' freakin' memories....

Jody V said...

Oh Judi...I hear ya....I really hear ya...my head is throbbing but the boys are doing the shoveling. I think I'd fall over. Hope you feel better!

Jody

Bookncoffee said...

Well, I'm having one of those "not doing nuttin'" days today. I will get wrapping done but not going anywhere!

Jen from Oregon said...

I feel your pain!
I so feel your pain.....

Merry f*%$#@* Christmas!

Feel better soon :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Yes the baking,wrapping,menu planning,cleaning house frenzy has begun! Enjoy!!!!

uh said...

I absolutely loved those days of lounging around in my jammies, but I haven't had one in a while. We deserve such an indulgence once in a while!

Kathy said...

I hear ya sister!! I went to urgent care this morning. I have had this blasted cold for a week now and it's made my sinuses a wreck and it is slowly moving down into my chest. The last two colds I had did that and lasted a monthor more so I went for some real drugs. And I got them. I should be fit as a fiddle in a couple of days the doctor said. Hope you feel better soon.