Follow me.......





Monday, December 14, 2009

Jingle all the way.......

into Monday.....

I'm not sure what possessed me to eat those potato chips yesterday. Maybe it was the pre-lit Christmas tree that is no longer lit. Or, maybe it was the ice storm that delayed my early morning plans to grocery shop. Or, could it have been the fact that it was Sunday and today is Monday? Or, maybe, just maybe it was as simple as--they sounded so awfully good when I spotted them on the shelf of the snack cupboard---gourmet peppercon ranch kettle chips. Perhaps there was nothing complicated about my reasoning for eating those chips. It is just what I did. There doesn't have to be some grand plan or underlying issue that made me eat those chips. As a matter of fact--I' m going to quit trying to analyze it all and focus on Monday. Because getting through Monday takes every ounce of energy and focus that I have.
Here we go.
Jingle, jingle.....

2 comments:

Dinnerland said...

You're right! There doesn't need to be a deep seated reason for eating-- sometimes you're tempted and you go for it.
Then if you move on, you stay the course. Unnecessary self-bashing is just a waste of time and energy that can be used to exercise or plan a healthy meal for the very next thing you eat.
Cheers, I am looking forward to reading through your blog. It is rare to find a bandster posting after several years!
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Hey a girl that has lost 1,115 lbs is entitled to a few chips. Its Monday and in the words of my dear friend "onward".

L