Today is all about getting the STARS of the show ready!
Yes, the rumors are true.....we do 4 turkeys.
Excessive? Why, yes. I know no other way to live....
So, while my cute turkeys are resting on the kitchen counter, waiting for their baths, I wanted to make sure I shared a recipe you might want to add to your arsenal this weekend for your leftover turkey......it's been taste tested and given the highest seal of approval.
There's nothing fancy to it nor could it be considered gourmet.... but it's so yummy (isn't that all that counts?). Everyone in my house goes ga-ga over it. This is one of the reasons why I make 4 turkeys......
Turkey Enchilada Casserole2 C. Diced cooked Turkey (or chicken)
30 Oz.Enchilada Sauce
1 ½ C. Diced onions
1 Tbsp Minced garlic
1 10 oz. Cream of Chicken Soup
1 C. Chopped Black Olives
1/2 C. Corn
6 Corn Tortillas
1 ½ C. Cheddar cheese
¼ C. Diced cilantro
1/2 C. Diced Jalapeño peppers to taste
1 Tbsp Chili Powder (optional)
- Combine Enchilada Sauce with turkey, onions, olives, cream of chicken soup
- Cut tortillas into strips. Use half to line bottom of 9X9 1 ½ qt. Casserole dish.
- Pour half of filling. Cover with cheese and remaining tortillas. Pour on rest of filling and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with hot corn bread
Back to the kitchen........