What took you so damn long to get here?
A bunch of my banded blog friends do this thing called TTT---Ten Things Thursdays.
I never got on that bandwagon (get it? bandwagon?). I'm not sure why!
I mean, I look forward to reading them all.....if they didn't know that.....they know now!
I probably didn't join in for the same reasons why I don't join those organized dancing routines like they do at weddings.
This morning, when I was thinking about what I would blog about today, I found myself sorry that it wasn't Thursday and that I couldn't do the TTT thing. But, really, I was happy it was Friday.....
So, I figured....whatthehell, I will do my own thing today and just bullet away some things.
I'm not sure where this is going so bear with me as I just dump my brain right here on my blog....in no particular order....
- In preparation for the upcoming holidays and to get ready for some house guests that we have coming to stay in a few weeks and all that goes along with everything that is going to happen between now and the end of the year, I decided I would get a new cleaning service to help me at home. The last cleaning service was downright lousy but I put up with them because.....well.....because they cleaned. They were lousy but at least they showed up. A dear friend of mine runs a very lucrative cleaning and catering service but up until now, I avoided using it just because I didn't want to mix business with friendship. Well, I gave up that ship after I fired the lousy cleaning service and found myself living in a house that needed a good cleaning and no time to do it. So, last night, she sent over 2 of her favorites to meet me and go over the house and see what needed done. As I was showing them through the house, they kept complimenting me on the decor, the little touches here and there, my taste, etc. I liked them already---they weren't scared off by all the stuff I have around!!! Anyway, as we were going over the final details, one of them said that she felt like she was in a Bed and Breakfast! "You don't run one, do you?" she asked. I don't know why but that just made my night. I just love the fact that my home has a feeling of comfort....like a B&B. Can't wait until it's a sparkling clean B&B!
- I'm getting very nervous about the election. Some of you may know my politics--others may not. Some of you may guess it. Yesterday, I came upon an article that is not only well written but speaks loudly to me..... If you care to click the link....you can. I am not here to change anyone's views or go all politico---my blog is not about that at all. I am just happy I had the opportunity to read it. Maybe you will feel the same.
- Sometimes I miss the weight loss journey. I miss the thrill of seeing a new number on the scale or fitting into a new size. Maintenance doesn't have that same thrill. Even though I am thankful beyond words to have lost the weight, I miss it. I guess I am just a girl who likes thrills.
- Hearing and seeing the devastation Hurricane Sandy brought to so many people humbles me. I am embarrassed that I am complaining about the rain and the weather when there are people who were stripped of their lives by Mother Nature. My NJ family is still without utilities. One has downed trees and power lines all over their property and it took the other (who is a physician in NYC) over 4 hours to get to work! They are cooking hot dogs on their grills and worrying about basic things like gas for their cars and flushing their toilets. And they tell us they have it good.....compared to so many. Who am I to complain that this damn weather is getting to me?
- I have probably alluded to it many times but my husband is not home very much. He works a lot. When he is not physically at work, he is on the phone or the computer--with work! He also has a lot of obligations and commitments outside of work that he has to do because of work. Sometimes I go along with him--other times I don't. Although I have a job that keeps me very busy, his career is extremely challenging and demanding and...to be honest... he is somewhat of a workaholic. He's been very successful doing it but gee....it sure does take a toll on family life. Although I have gotten used to it over the years and it easier now that the kids are older and on their own, sometimes I hate it. I don't say that very often but for some reason I am saying it today. The only upside of it all is that the time that we spend together is usually planned---like trips, dinners, parties, events, etc. We don't do too many mundane things together. I get to do all the mundane things all by myself.
- Speaking of my husband's work schedule and trips---we are supposed to be taking a little trip next weekend--leaving Friday and coming back on Monday. Part of the trip is a business social thing and then we are heading over to spend some time with our son the doctor. I can't tell you how excited I am about the spending time with our son part. The business social part....notsomuch. My sister and her husband will be visiting with my niece who lives about 45 minutes from my son so we will get to spend some time with them as well. And, I am so looking forward to going back to that wonderful wine restaurant near my son's house that we found when I was there house hunting with him late in the summer.
- I have my 5 year Lapband appointment sometime in the next 2 weeks. I can't remember the exact date. I still can't believe it's been 5 years.
- It's time to put my day into gear. I think I'm going to wear a black pants suit......