Follow me.......





Saturday, April 21, 2012

Maintaining fabulous is not for sissies!




I am not too much of a "rule" person.  Like everyone else, I recognize that rules are a necessity of life.  But, I've never been one to set up all kinds of rules for  myself or my family.  I just expect everyone will do the right thing.
 Most times things work out okay.  
But, there's one rule that I follow to the letter---never leave the house looking like shit.
I mean, I don't have to be drop dead gorgeous but hey....I should at least try to be drop dead gorgeous.  
What this means is that I will not leave my house without full make up, fashionably dressed, fully accessorized, wearing rockin' shoes and with my hair looking as good as I can get it to look.
Trust me, adhering to this rule is much, much harder than it sounds.
There's lots of maintenance that goes along with the art of not looking like shit.
It's not just the mere act of getting dressed and putting on make up and shoes and jewelry.
Nosiree.  
 There's lotions and potions to apply, there's tweezing to be done and shaving that needs to happen, there's all kinds of gels and goop to rub in, there's exfoliating here and there and everywhere......
Not only that, there's appointments that need to be made and kept and lots of experts to talk to (like the ladies at the Estee Lauder counter) and magazines and other resources to consult....
And, just when I thought I couldn't wedge another body maintenance thing into my life, I fall in love with getting a spray tan. 
A spray tan.
You heard me right.
Now, I'm not extremely fond of the act of  getting the spray tan.
Standing naked in a tubular booth in weird positions while a sprayer goes up and down your body isn't exactly my idea of a good time.
But, the end result is perfection.
My skin seems smoother, I have a lovely scent and  I'm glowing.
And, most importantly-- I have a perfect tan that only took minutes to get!
I feel like a movie star.
And, I walk around feeling that way.
Hey look at me....I just got back from Malibu.   

So, I'm sitting here sipping my tea wondering how I am going to fit a spray tan session into an already  jam-packed day.   It's causing me quite a bit of stress.  And, you know what stress does to a person?  It causes fine lines and wrinkles.  And, you know what that means?
Yep, I'm going to need a facial. 





2 comments:

Jody V said...

I need to adopt your philosphy now! My sister in law Karen loved this post and couldn't agree more!

Kathy said...

Too funny!! I've never thought about having a spray tan. I can imagine how it feels standing there in the all together getting sprayed.