Follow me.......





Saturday, January 22, 2011

It was a very good year......



Music and lyrics

PLAY ON!!!


Today.

I feel so grown up.
I want to put on a pair of elbow length gloves.
And a dress that has darts that fits in at the waist.
With a little stole around my shoulders.
A furry one.
A pair of nude hose with a lacey garter belt.
Pointy-toed black patent pumps.
A black cigarette holder with rhinestones.

This song.....
Makes me sing along with heart.
My hands extended in emotion.
My eyes with water at the brim.
"When I was seventeen...."


The notes.
Drill straight into my heart.
"When I was 21....."
Yes, it was a very good year.

The magical sound.
Goes straight to my soul...
"When I was 35..."
Yes it was a very good year.




This morning...as I listen to it....

It sounds like a martini....smooth, straight to the head....
It makes me want to dance....just a little
It makes my mind wander....just a little
It gives me goose bumps...just a little.
It makes me remember...just a little.

But, mostly, it just makes me think...
But now the days grow short
I am in the autumn of the year
And now I think of my life as vintage wine
from fine old kegs
from the brim to the dregs and it poured sweet and clear

It was a very good year

It was a mess of good years




Good bye 51.......
52 I'm coming....with a martini ....straight up, with a twist.

Yes,it was a very good year.
When I was 51.




7 comments:

Kathy said...

Well said Judi..........and have a Happy Birthday!!

-Grace- said...

Have a great birthday, doll!

Jody V said...

You always come in style Judi!!

Have a very Happy Birthday!

Jody

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Judi!

Lee Ann said...

Happy Birthday!! To you and the late great Myron Cope. Go Steelers!!!

Darlin1 said...

It was a very good year!

Enjoyed your post!

Happy Birthday Judi

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's the best one yet.