Follow me.......





Friday, May 29, 2009

Roadtrip!

Escaping the humdrum of life here in Judiland.......


I'm hitting the road, blog friends. Yep, I'm taking to the hills in hopes of saving another poor gal from the trials of marital bliss and domestic drudgery. But, if I can't save her.....at least I'll be at a winery where I can partake in lovely goblets of God's nectar to help me deal with my failure! And, if there's any left over--I will share it with the bride. She'll need it.

Just kidding....well.....sort of. I really will be at a winery.

We're heading to a family wedding at a little winery nestled in the mountains of Pennsylvania. It will be a nice respite from the happenings here in my life. And, it will be comforting and fun to be with cousins and aunts and uncles from far and near....those folks who were a huge part of my growing up years and who I share not only a bloodline but also lots of warm and smile-filled memories. And, of course, it will be extra fun to wear the new shoes I have for the occasion--a pair of red and white polka dot pointy toe sling backs I bought on that little trip Toni and I took to the world's largest shoe store. I'm not sure what I'm wearing with those shoes but I'm working on it......with the few hours that I have left!!!
Oh, big closet in the attic where smaller sizes live........here I come!

Anyway.... .while I'm la vita vino-ing, I hope you all have a wonderful, sun filled weekend.
And, please, if you do nothing else these next few days, please at least do your part in keeping your local wineries and shoe stores in business. Yes, I'm telling you to drink wine and buy shoes. It will cure what ails you.
And, you will dance.
I promise.






3 comments:

Jody V said...

Have fun Judi!! I may not dance but I'll certainly be happy! Viva la Pinot Grigio!!

Jody

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend for sure Judi. I don't know that I will make it to the wineries but I will definitely open a cork myself this weekend, oh and by the way:You have been tagged. If you would care to play, open the sixth folder of my photos and choose the sixth photo, post it on your blog and tell something about it. Then select 6 other bloggers and sent it to them.

Nola said...

In my loungeroom....I am queen of the dance floor!! lol Have a great trip:)