Follow me.......





Monday, May 11, 2009

Everybody's got a hungry heart........


As always.....Bruce is right.

No matter how many oreos or potato chips or snickers or tacos we eat....we can't fill up our heart. No matter how hard we try--food won't fill in the holes in our lives.
That's a tough lesson to learn.
In fact, I'm still learning it.
In the meantime, I'm counting the days (8 days!) until Bruce comes to town and once again shares all of his wisdom with me...as he's done 39 times before!
Yes, I'm celebrating my 40th Bruce concert! And, I'm doing it in a pair of rockin' jeans. Glory Days once again!
Bruce and rock 'n roll......the best education I've ever had.
Rock on and feed your soul......


3 comments:

Shaggs said...

You've been to 40 Bruce Springsteen concerts in 8 days??? where do you find the time? I tell you what - a meat pie and a custard tart fills my hungry heart every time!

Debbie said...

Congrats on # 40... He is The best !!! All 3 of my kids are hooked. Andy went to his 1st one last Aug in Hershey,and just loved it. Dean has been a fan since "The Rising" and has seen him all over the country.

The photo of your Mom was taken in Aug 1969. I'm going to stop at home on my lunch and re-scan the photo and take out the cropping. Aunt Carmy just might be in it.
I always thought it was so-o cool that your Mom got her hair done every week. My Mom only went when she needed a haircut. Icie Klein gave her stinky perms in our kitchen. What kind of name was Icie?? Icie & Dutch Klein, she knew absolutely everything that went on in our neighborhood. I'm rambling...again...I'll send you the pic at lunch.
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Kathy said...

I must say the 2 Springstein concerts I went to were 2 of the most memorable concerts I have seen. One was in the Los Angeles Coloseum and that place is huge. Count those days down Judi and hopefully the jeans won't be too big by then.