Follow me.......





Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Judi, the Clutter Queen of Western Pennsylvania......


Alright, I'm off my weather rants. I have to be. I was threatened. Why, you ask? Get this--- several people blamed me for today. Those wicked downpours here in Western PA and throughout most of the Northeast......they say I'm the cause. All because I told Spring to go away and not come back...yet. Although, I must say.....I'm very flattered that folks consider me to be so powerful. And, I'm quite impressed if I really did manage to soak the entire East Coast. But, me...control the weather? Who knew. But, to be very honest, if I was going to have some kind of super power......why couldn't I control calories or aging or the cost of Italian shoes? Weather! Well, I won't mention the word again.

Good thing anyway. Because I have clutter on my mind. At the moment, I feel like every nook and cranny of my house, my life, my magazine rack, my office, my mind, my closet, my purse, my computer desktop, my refrigerator....oh hell....every damn thing......is filled with clutter. And I'm blaming it all on clutter. I know that sounds ridiculous. But, the way I see it---clutter breeds clutter. I'm on clutter overload and I need to declutter. Now, I'm not talking about decluttering to the point that I've lost my identity. Just enough so that I can stop cluttering my thinking up so much about clutter. I mean, it's to the point where I am fantasizing about running around my house with extra strength drawstring garbage bags throwing everything away. And, then the next minute, I'm having an anxiety attack that I threw away something I may need.....some day. I'll tell you.....I'm all cluttered up.

Like always, when my mind gets fixated on something.....like this clutter thing.....it usually leads me into some analytical mumbo jumbo that makes perfect sense by the time I'm finished with it. And, this is no exception. Here's where I am with that analysis---I've concluded that all of the weight that I had on my body is very much like the clutter that surrounds me. And, my Lapband is what is helping me declutter---or, in this case---getting rid of that weight. My body was cluttered. I couldn't control the clutter. So, I downsized (my stomach). I'm loosing that weight.....essentially throwing it away. And, I am not at all concerned that I'll ever need those pounds again....ever. So, it makes perfect sense to me now---I have to Lapband my clutter. That's what it will take. A permanent solution. A miracle helper. A Lapband. Because that's exactly what I believe my Lapband is. I couldn't have decluttered (aka lost weight) without it. I just have to downsize every aspect of my world. Now, I just have to figure out how to Lapband my world.....

No comments: